HIDGolf
HIDGolf
12/16/08 10:29 a.m.

I am flying to CA for the Lemons race at Thunderhill and need the racing gear (helmet, suit, shoes, and gloves). I have flame resistant long johns, so single layer suits would work.

I'm 5'10" 180lbs 44 chest, 34 waist, with a big head and wear between a 10 and 11 shoe.

I would need the suit from Christmas Eve until Jan 2 as I am spending New Years out west.

Does $50 sound fair?

docwyte
docwyte New Reader
12/16/08 8:14 p.m.

Um, do you really want to share someones racing gear that they've sweated in etc?

You can buy a single layer racing suit for $100. Does the helmet have to be "SA" rated? If not, an "M" rated helmet can be had for less than $100...

onasled
onasled New Reader
12/17/08 8:01 a.m.

Not good when they tar and feather you

I hate the Lemons crap.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
12/17/08 8:29 a.m.
onasled wrote: Not good when they tar and feather you I hate the Lemons crap.

or get paint balled...

HIDGolf
HIDGolf New Reader
12/17/08 10:24 a.m.

Yes, I need a SA helmet.

I've begged/borrowed equipment before.

docwyte
docwyte New Reader
12/17/08 5:25 p.m.

Eww.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
12/17/08 5:54 p.m.

FYI, LeMons had a killer "package" deal going on earlier this year. I want to say it was ~$399 for 3 layer suit, undies, gloves, shoes AND helmet. And while I probably wouldn't mind borrowing someone else's gear, I wouldn't want someone else getting all sweaty in my stuff. I let someone borrow my helmet...ONCE.

RobL
RobL New Reader
12/18/08 9:15 a.m.
onasled wrote: Not good when they tar and feather you I hate the Lemons crap.

They don't tar and feather your fire suit.

You sound like you were on the receiving end of a lot of black flags.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
12/18/08 9:32 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: FYI, LeMons had a killer "package" deal going on earlier this year. I want to say it was ~$399 for 3 layer suit, undies, gloves, shoes AND helmet. And while I probably wouldn't mind borrowing someone else's gear, I wouldn't want someone else getting all sweaty in my stuff. I let someone borrow my helmet...ONCE.

same here, ONCE It came back with a cracked vent cover, and a nice ding in the top.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing New Reader
12/19/08 12:44 p.m.

I've got a 3 layer suit I'll sell to you for $100 + $10 for priority shipping. Sound good? I bought it when a buddy was going to go racing with me, he flaked, I've still go the suit It was used, still in good condition, I just don't need 2 suits. Best way to get in touch with me is my user name @gmail.com. Good luck!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ySdxMFwXkCmOVYkQzixf9bRV4EXBVEDxCp7T7TGgo2IhYpXn4IGPzK6m7mueyI5n