fusion66
fusion66 Reader
1/31/22 11:32 a.m.

I posted a dozen or so photos on the "off topic" thread for Daytona but wanted to add a few here and  couple of comments as I asked for advice when attending here and wanted to provide some feedback as that advice was very much appreciated. 

This was my first time attending the event . I watched the first 12 hours of the race in person and made it home to Indiana in time to watch the last hour and a half on TV. 

Per the hives recommendation I did end up getting the garage pass and I was glad I did. Watching teams repair cars to get back on track was interesting and seeing the inner workings on said cars was also pretty cool. I was surprised when watching them as I was expecting frantic but instead saw quick and methodical. 

So many great places to view the racing in the stands and in the infield. Section 370 or so allowed for views of 95% of the track but of course action on the far side was tough to see even with some moderate magnification from a camera.

Visited the GRM tent and was cool to see some of the project cars they had on hand. 

35 hours total trip time. 9 hours driving. 4 hours flying. 4 hours waiting in airports. 18 hours on the ground, two of which were spent sleeping in the rental car.

It was a bit chilly - much warmer than home but being out in it all day and part of the night with the wind for so long took its toll.

Overall a great adventure and I am glad that I took advantage of some leftover airline credit to make the trip.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
1/31/22 12:51 p.m.

Mclaren and Pfaff Prosche scheme were my favorite.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PBniekz14ElqCIGD5QHSxbzvkjxKzPF8IqfGNdMe5ccY1fowush9IC1aWTsO2epw