Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
3/6/23 12:26 a.m.

Hello All,

I have been doing a bit of research on sbf factory efi intake manifolds. One thing that is missing online is a good height measurement, at least for the mn12/94-95 mustang intake. In an effort to add to the collective knowledge I measured the manifolds I have been able to pick up. The pictures should be self explanatory, just let me know if you need more information. First, a foxbody upper intake (from a 1990):

Next the lower from the Foxbody:

Next up this upper intake I believe to be from a 94-95 mustang. I also believe it should be the same as the MN12 upper. I measured it upside down because the bottom of the throttle body area and the bottom of the vacuum fitting on the plenum sit lower than the mounting flange.

Then, just incase that upside down method is inaccurate, here are the two assemblies measured:

This confirms that the 94/95 upper manifold is over an inch shorter than the fox upper manifold. Let me know if anyone needs more dimensions off of these. 

fairlane292
fairlane292 New Reader
7/20/24 10:28 p.m.

Hi, not sure if you still have access to both SN and Fox upper intakes for measuring comparisons but I'm considering using a SN95 5.0 for a v8 Datsun swap because of its lower and shorter dimensions.  
Initially I will be using a Fox 5.0 that I already have, for mockup purposes.  The intake manifold is the first obstruction as far as firewall clearance is concerned.  Does the top of the SN intake extend any more or less towards the firewall than the Fox intake?  

Thank you so much for the great dimension summary posting.  Jim 

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Dork
7/21/24 7:33 p.m.

In reply to fairlane292 :

Hey Jim,

Glad some of this info has helped someone. Good question about manifold plenum lengths. It turns out the SN/MN12 intake is longer. The Fox plenum is ~13 13/16" long, while the SN/MN12 is ~16" long. Here are some pictures, first the Fox:

Then the SN/MN12, this one is harder to see as it's been painted and installed:

Both plenums look like they are centered on the flange (by eye, not measured). I'd say it's safe to assume the SN/MN12 intake protrudes ~1 1/8" farther on both the front and back of the plenum. Let me know if you need anything else.

I'm sure we would all love to see a build thread on your Datsun! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8XI4eKQ8FZCRlSjFXWTpH9mZWGOAuUHF4MacwkK6ykWvZbG8NySVWEXSwSQiqEe7