1 2 3
Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/9/13 5:32 p.m.

Sorry, was just reading an article about Annette...

So I'm curious how many SCCA members are on here? Maybe you could say hello, what region and what year you joined. And probably your type of racing I suppose...

Me? Fairly new, joined July 2011, Western Ohio Region. Got elected Assistant RE last year, added Membership Chair this year (because I'm crazy). Tried a few autocrosses, then when that ended we had one more rallycross for the year, and a $20 loaner Ford Probe to beat up.

One lap and I was hooked. Bought the MR2 next month for RX. Who else?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
4/9/13 6:00 p.m.

Long time autocrosser, but only seriously competing in the last 4-5 years, so I've only been a member for 5 years.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/9/13 6:02 p.m.

Houston region checking in. I was a member a decade ago but let things go after about two years into it to take care of babies and such. I've been back for a year now. I autocross and rallycross and would love to find someone to hold my hand through learning to road rally.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
4/9/13 6:03 p.m.

I'm a member of the South Jersey region and have been autocrossing for a least 15 years, although it doesn't seem that long.

moxnix
moxnix Reader
4/9/13 6:09 p.m.

DC Region. Member since 2004.

Solo Co-Chair/Worker Chief
RallyX Web/timing/a few other things.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
4/9/13 6:26 p.m.

SCCA member since 2009, New England Region. I had raced on-and-off until 2011 when we moved to a new house. I have planned on getting back into it this year with my new Mustang, but I haven't felt well these past few days.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
4/9/13 6:31 p.m.

DC region. On an off member since 2003 or so. I've let it lapse a year or two when I wasn't planning on running any events. I autocrossed for about 15 years but haven't been to one in about 3 years now....I do rallycross now, and getting into LeMons/Chump this year as well.

Will
Will Dork
4/9/13 6:35 p.m.

I've been autocrossing with the Chattanooga region since 2006, first in SM, then ESP, now ES, and hopefully back to ESP soon.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
4/9/13 7:03 p.m.

Steel Cities Region since '88. Road raced D/SR until the car was obsoleted (mostly class rule changes). Auto-xed the car some but coming from road racing it was never really my bag. Regional scrutineer, but haven't worked an event or been to a meeting in years.

wae
wae Reader
4/9/13 7:46 p.m.

I live in Cincy Region's geographical area, but they seem to have this bizarre fascination with pavement, so Western Ohio Region is my region of record.

The $2005 Challenge was my first ever time behind the wheel in any sort of competition and my first time turning a wrench to put something into an engine bay that wasn't designed to go in there. All it took was one trip around the autocross course in my friend's powered-by-Acura CRX, and I was completely hooked. I tried some autocrosses after getting home from that event, but then I heard that some lunatics up in Dayton were doing this thing called "Rallycross".

We took that same CRX on worn-out, crappy street tires to some fairgrounds or horsetrack or something, filled it with a metric ton of dirt, and our surgeons did what they could, but it took them two hours just to get the smile off my face.

I was an SCCA member for a couple years in the 2006-2007 time frame, then left after we had three kids in three and a half years, and then re-joined in 2011 once the warden started giving me furloughs to go play in the dirt.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro HalfDork
4/9/13 8:10 p.m.

Atlanta Region member here, 10 years now. Been autocrossing the whole time, first started with my 92 Achieva SCX, kinda wish I still had that car. I'm currently the local Tech co-chief, been doing tech for 5 years now.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
4/9/13 8:12 p.m.

I was a member for a few years in the Chicago Region SCCA. I was a crew member on my buddies race team. I had a lot of fun and hope maybe one day I'll get back to it.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/9/13 8:48 p.m.

South Carolina Region here. I've been a member 6-8 years. I refuse to get sucked into the leadership though I've been SOLO chief of tech before and my wife is the RE this year. I'm reasonably certain herding cat is easier.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
4/9/13 9:08 p.m.

ATL, baby! If the various 'slings and arrows' of personal life hadn't wounded me for a couple of years, I'd be a member for 27 straight years by now. Started in F&C, ran Improved Touring B&C for half a minute, returned to F&C. Did some autocrossing just a couple of years ago, returned to F&C.

I don't always renew my membership..but when I do, I come back home to SCCA. People complain about the thickness of our rule books, and our reluctance to just let the older cars go away..but IMO it's better to be part of a real club than it is to put up with folks who want to operate like a business. What's the old cliche? "Came for the cars, stayed for the people."

Don49
Don49 Reader
4/9/13 9:10 p.m.

Susquehanna Region now, originally Northern Jersey and then DC Region. I first joined SCCA in 71, quit a number of times and back continuously since 88. Ran a Turner in FP Nationally until 5 years ago, now running an RX7 in EP. Runoffs 14 times since 88.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
4/9/13 9:24 p.m.

Washington DC Region.

Club Racing #51 CSR in the Mid Atlantic Road Racing Series.

I used to do the solo series in an STU e36 M3, but tired of being down 100hp and 2 driven wheels.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
4/9/13 9:30 p.m.

Atlanta Region SCCA

Joined in 2009

I've run a pretty good number of Solo events (3-8 per season since 2009) with a C-Stock prep'ed RX-8 (and have done pretty well there). I also finally got out for a Rally-X with my RA65 Celica last year.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/9/13 10:04 p.m.

22-year member--originally with Atlanta Region and now with Central Florida Region.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
4/9/13 10:13 p.m.

Milwaukee Region member since 1992.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/9/13 10:39 p.m.

I let mine lapse......only making 3-4 a year isn't worth it.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
4/9/13 11:04 p.m.

Atlanta Region member since '98. Autocross guy. Been on Team Solo forever. Spent a couple of years on the Atlanta Region BOD. Now serving on the Solo Events Board.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/9/13 11:48 p.m.

Been an off and on member since 2006. I'm not sure which region I was with last in 2011(?)--it was either Chicago or Central Illinois Region. Probably CIR, because it is probably cheaper. Or something. Autocross the whole time.

Our local club is not affiliated with SCCA, only costs $15, and since we put on more events than any club in the nation there is not really a reason for me to join unless I think I am going to make more than 1 Chicago event. When I finally make a nationals run I'll join again.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/10/13 12:10 a.m.

Reno region, about to complete my first year of membership.

PDX at the moment, haven't tried Autocross yet but am hoping to sometime this year. Also hoping to "graduate" to CT sometime this year.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/10/13 12:13 a.m.

Oregon region, on and off since ~2000...

May rejoin to run a few events with the WRX this season, but more wondering when I'll get something more fun put together and where I'll use it... XP 2002?

mw
mw Dork
4/10/13 4:21 a.m.

Guam region. I'm actually from. Canada, but there is no Canadian region and Guam doesn't have any additional fees. Joined in 2009 so I could go to solo nationals.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FZhuAenB97YOLCW105MLRPTa09LOz3Kyx489oNcucC2Kcc0CWBtGSL1kwULj9Sgx