hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/30/24 12:46 p.m.

The SCCA Runoffs are this coming weekend at Road America. My uncle, who lives in OR, and I (FL) are meeting in Milwaukee and heading up for a weekend of joint geeking out over some great amateur racing. I've never been, and he hasn't been since going to road Atlanta in the 70's (when he raced a TR4). I'm super psyched as this has been on my to do list for a long time.

Anyone else going? Anyone campaigning, or have friends campaigning? We're agnostic supporters so we'll root for anyone you tell us to!

We rented a cabin at the track (and a golf cart) but plan to head into Elkhart Lake in the evenings, and probably hit a nearby supper club for the experience. Any other experiences we should include? Any viewing locations particularly good? Best track food options? I'm open for suggestions.

Purple Frog
Purple Frog GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/24 12:51 p.m.

Great track, fantastic locale to visit, the best of the best race.  Looks like great weather. I'm a bit jealous.

grafmiata
grafmiata UltraDork
9/30/24 1:19 p.m.

Awesome facility, but unless you have a golf cart, I hope you wear comfortable shoes.  The place is huge!  So many good places to watch, but I usually just end up in the stands at T5, because my knees tend to start complaining if I wander aimlessly too much.

I have a lot of friends running, mostly in GT-3.  I also work occasionally for Alliance Autosport, which has cars entered in SRF-3, FF, and FE, as well as the #82 GT-2 Mustang that I crew on every once in awhile.  Wish I was there, but we should have our GT-3 Miata there next year.  Have fun!!!

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/30/24 2:00 p.m.

I know a couple folks going, one in STU, another in T1.

I went to NASA Champs in Utah instead.  A smaller event, but my car is built for NASA ST4, doesn't have a good class in SCCA (falls into GT2, for which it's massively underprepared), and it's 2200 miles to Road America vs 750 to UMC.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rOgO9hF7NCkAGqfgz9gcQ4I1Rw7d4Ryf7EP3RkYCVzBrHrSxYDKMIMXKhicglKLU