1 2
Autolex
Autolex Dork
3/17/15 1:48 p.m.
Leafy wrote:
Autolex wrote:
Leafy wrote:
Autolex wrote: NOW: I want to know where I can get a wireless timing setup for under $1000... for, uh, testing and stuff.
farmtek?
Looks like $1500 without any way to record it? just the wireless sensors? I was thinking of homebrewing a kit out of wireless driveway IR beam sensors and an Arduino/E36 M3ty laptop
Or you could just go wired. I'd rather be wired for a home brew/testing setup and not have to dick around with wireless issues.

any cheap sources?

Leafy
Leafy HalfDork
3/17/15 1:57 p.m.
Autolex wrote:
Leafy wrote:
Autolex wrote:
Leafy wrote:
Autolex wrote: NOW: I want to know where I can get a wireless timing setup for under $1000... for, uh, testing and stuff.
farmtek?
Looks like $1500 without any way to record it? just the wireless sensors? I was thinking of homebrewing a kit out of wireless driveway IR beam sensors and an Arduino/E36 M3ty laptop
Or you could just go wired. I'd rather be wired for a home brew/testing setup and not have to dick around with wireless issues.
any cheap sources?

Ask long running ax clubs if they want to clear up space being taken up by a timing system from the 90's that they're never going to use again after getting race america stuff and then spending a decade perfecting it.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
3/17/15 2:10 p.m.

I recall a classing of sub4/na 4, na 6/fi 4, na 8/fi 6, and na10+/fi 8+

I like that concept as a starting point

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
3/17/15 8:28 p.m.
Driven5 wrote:
wbjones wrote: ...and score them using SCCA PAX scoring … not totally fair, but then nothing in life is
What is unfair about this?

PAX is based off of totally prepped cars, and based on finishes at various national tour events (maybe all of them) … also (since NT) based off of top flight drivers …

small sites, partially prepped cars (all it takes is one that's prepped closer to those NT level cars), regional level drivers … etc …apples to oranges

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AmyXrisEhkEEQs29Cu0K0AovfGJCabmUxTZ7VJFCTTspzG3EnUh0F8hkJ23AljKI