1 ... 5 6 7 8
oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
7/12/12 6:17 p.m.

cxhb
cxhb HalfDork
7/12/12 6:48 p.m.

My god guys, relax. What it boils down to is this; will you be happy driving a car even though you have to pay for it every month? If no, then it don't work for you. If yes, buy it and enjoy it.

DIFFERENT FOLKS DIFFERENT STROKES.

I went against every grain if my being buying my FR-S. Its my first NEW car and I always tell people not to buy new but guess what? I love it. Some people hate it. That's cool too, who cares? Its about how you feel about YOUR car.

Jeez... first world problems.

Motio135
Motio135
7/12/12 7:25 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:
your an idiot your posting in an frs/brz forum slamming the frs and brz for not meeting your bang for buck requirements and trying to push your mentality onto others who probably do value what the frs has to offer more than the mustang. Your justification is its not the car you want so it's not worth it but when others say the same thing about mustang genesis coupe you throw out everything with some form of idiocrasy treating them as uneducated farmers with pitchforks. If you honestly don't care for the frs/brz styling, power train,electronics, other bs features that are in no way needed you might want to head out to the mustang forum considering you praise the mustang in basically every post. People have the ability to make a judgment you acting as if the frs is a failure even after you say you've never driven one is quite stupid. You people who don't care for either car are a waste, the only people who come to a forum dedicated to a specific car and argue for another car are the socially awkward people with some form of self consciousness who can only get self satisfaction through the Internet. So please do everyone a favor and go to a mustang forum and talk about how amazing the mustang is. Also btw I love the new mustangs just have had bad experiences in the past so bought an frs

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/12/12 7:29 p.m.

Whoa there.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
7/13/12 7:33 a.m.
Motio135 wrote: In reply to bravenrace: your an idiot your posting in an frs/brz forum slamming the frs and brz for not meeting your bang for buck requirements and trying to push your mentality onto others who probably do value what the frs has to offer more than the mustang. Your justification is its not the car you want so it's not worth it but when others say the same thing about mustang genesis coupe you throw out everything with some form of idiocrasy treating them as uneducated farmers with pitchforks. If you honestly don't care for the frs/brz styling, power train,electronics, other bs features that are in no way needed you might want to head out to the mustang forum considering you praise the mustang in basically every post. People have the ability to make a judgment you acting as if the frs is a failure even after you say you've never driven one is quite stupid. You people who don't care for either car are a waste, the only people who come to a forum dedicated to a specific car and argue for another car are the socially awkward people with some form of self consciousness who can only get self satisfaction through the Internet. So please do everyone a favor and go to a mustang forum and talk about how amazing the mustang is. Also btw I love the new mustangs just have had bad experiences in the past so bought an frs

I have a hard time taking anyone serious when they start a rant with "your an idiot" and then continue on with a monstrous run-on sentence repeatedly mispelling "You're".

Motio135
Motio135 New Reader
7/13/12 7:45 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/13/12 7:46 a.m.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
7/13/12 8:30 a.m.
Motio135 wrote: In reply to bravenrace: your an idiot your posting in an frs/brz forum slamming the frs and brz for not meeting your bang for buck requirements and trying to push your mentality onto others who probably do value what the frs has to offer more than the mustang. Your justification is its not the car you want so it's not worth it but when others say the same thing about mustang genesis coupe you throw out everything with some form of idiocrasy treating them as uneducated farmers with pitchforks. If you honestly don't care for the frs/brz styling, power train,electronics, other bs features that are in no way needed you might want to head out to the mustang forum considering you praise the mustang in basically every post. People have the ability to make a judgment you acting as if the frs is a failure even after you say you've never driven one is quite stupid. You people who don't care for either car are a waste, the only people who come to a forum dedicated to a specific car and argue for another car are the socially awkward people with some form of self consciousness who can only get self satisfaction through the Internet. So please do everyone a favor and go to a mustang forum and talk about how amazing the mustang is. Also btw I love the new mustangs just have had bad experiences in the past so bought an frs

Hello, welcome to Grassroots Motorsports, a site for ALL cars.

I believe you have lost your way if you were looking for an FRS/BRZ forum.

Please point your browser to www.ft86club.com to get "out of the woods."

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/13/12 8:32 a.m.
Motio135 wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: I honestly don't care. I wasn't aware you were the Internet English instructor grading my post. sO iF I Chuse? To tyPE h o w e v e r. I WANT dA pOINt iS stiLL Da SaMe$ just be happy I didn't post it like that..

True, this is America. We should be happy with just below average simply because it could get so much worse than that.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
7/13/12 8:53 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Motio135 wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: I honestly don't care. I wasn't aware you were the Internet English instructor grading my post. sO iF I Chuse? To tyPE h o w e v e r. I WANT dA pOINt iS stiLL Da SaMe$ just be happy I didn't post it like that..
True, this is America. We should be happy with just below average simply because it could get so much worse than that.

Amercia berkeley yeah!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/13/12 8:54 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Amercia berkeley yeah!

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/12 9:58 a.m.

What a cockeyed thread. Price gouging whenever possible is the capitalist way. Do we seriously expect private businesses to overlook the possibility of bettering their bottom line? Some people are willing to pay for excusivity. Most of us cannot afford that luxury. That's just tough. I wish I could afford to do wheel-to-wheel racing in anything other than a crapcan. But I can't. Don't rag on a business for doing what they were meant to do.

Motio135
Motio135 New Reader
7/13/12 4:37 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

"scion frs prices" it doesn't say hey come here and claim every other car is a better value.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
7/14/12 1:47 p.m.
Motio135 wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: "scion frs prices" it doesn't say hey come here and claim every other car is a better value.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because not everyone is ga-ga over your car. IT's ok for people to not like it and think there arebetter things out there, especially considering a lot of dealers are price gouging and charging $35k.

Motio135
Motio135 New Reader
7/14/12 4:27 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I understand some people won't like the car and I understand that. What I don't understand it criticizing the car by looking only at paper and getting really off topic making it an all around bash the frs price now bashing cheapass dealers I can understand. I guess I'm lucky the one out here is charging msrp without and add ons before the sale.

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/15/12 9:52 a.m.
Motio135 wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: I understand some people won't like the car and I understand that. What I don't understand it criticizing the car by looking only at paper and getting really off topic making it an all around bash the frs price now bashing cheapass dealers I can understand. I guess I'm lucky the one out here is charging msrp without and add ons before the sale.

Again... this is Grassroots Motorsports, not ft86club.

With a long thread like these, the subject is going to change subjects a little bit, and we sincerely apologize to you that we couldn't stay exactly on the original subject like we would on ft86club.com.

Naturally, we're going to be a bit more objective when discussing this car than a dedicated fanboi site, because we acknowledge the presence of other cars.

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/15/12 9:53 a.m.
Motio135 wrote: In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: "scion frs prices" it doesn't say hey come here and claim every other car is a better value.

When you discuss a car's price and how they're being inflated, it's pretty inevitable that the discussion will go the way of "what could you get instead for the same money?" when discussing among educated individuals.

If you don't like it, i really don't know what to tell you, other than what i said earlier, and check out ft86club.com.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
7/15/12 11:37 a.m.

I just came back to this thread, and haven't read everything since I last posted. And I haven't even read this reply above, since I stopped at the word idiot.
I'm going to say this though. Different people have different needs and wants in a car. According to mine, there are better cars to buy for the price of a Frisbee. Others obviously disagree, and that's just fine and dandy with me. See, I don't care how you spend your money, and I'm not sure why you should care so much about how I spend mine to call me a name, other than the chance that you're the idiot.
Usually when someone gets all bent out of shape defending a decision they made, it's because they aren't confident that it was the right one. Why do you need our approval of your Frisbee purchase?

Motio135
Motio135 New Reader
7/15/12 9:11 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace: No it's irritating to have you specifically claim the frs doesn't have enough to be worth 25k then tell people all of the mustangs downsides dont matter because it's not what YOU value. Why argue what others value if someone values handling thats them who are you to convince them they dont know what there buying because handling isnt special or supposably isnt high cost? Are we all supposed to come to the same conclusion that power is the only thing that matters? Stupid as it may seem honestly I wasn't bent out of shape because im not confident, probably more to do with your picture and when I read your posts all I see is that arrogant doctor saying it making it 10x worse.

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
7/15/12 10:20 p.m.

OK, seven pages later, this thread proves a point that I made in another thread.

No car since the introduction of the Miata has generated this much hoopla amongst the unwashed masses.I sell E36 M3 for a living, and I would love for my E36 M3 to get 1/1000 of the passionate discussion that the twins get.

You guys yelling "Genesis Mustang (lets call them "the Evil Twins)" don't even realize that you are selling the Twins. The Toyobaru marketing guys love you beyond belief for the noise you make and the fact that you focus the brand as Anti establishment. The louder you yell, the louder the response from the people who think this is a good car.

Now, as to what people are seeing in the 20k range brand new from a car factory that offers what the Twins do, and why you are unable to express the name of that vehicle in the English language, is beyond me? I will help you out, it should be a one or two word answer.

And I threw out the 20k because there seems to be some fixation that that is what the Twins should sell for.

Then, for you feature and HP driven individuals, let me know how the Lotus Elise gets away with a 65k price tag (Canadian) when it has zero features and a Toyota Camry engine? According to Dr. House's formula, that car can't be worth any more than a base Kia or Hiundai. right? Or am I miss-reading the feature-value formula?

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
7/16/12 7:47 a.m.
Motio135 wrote: In reply to bravenrace: No it's irritating to have you specifically claim the frs doesn't have enough to be worth 25k then tell people all of the mustangs downsides dont matter because it's not what YOU value. Why argue what others value if someone values handling thats them who are you to convince them they dont know what there buying because handling isnt special or supposably isnt high cost? Are we all supposed to come to the same conclusion that power is the only thing that matters? Stupid as it may seem honestly I wasn't bent out of shape because im not confident, probably more to do with your picture and when I read your posts all I see is that arrogant doctor saying it making it 10x worse.

I think I hear your mother calling you home for dinner...

tuna55
tuna55 UltraDork
7/16/12 7:58 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Motio135 wrote: In reply to bravenrace: No it's irritating to have you specifically claim the frs doesn't have enough to be worth 25k then tell people all of the mustangs downsides dont matter because it's not what YOU value. Why argue what others value if someone values handling thats them who are you to convince them they dont know what there buying because handling isnt special or supposably isnt high cost? Are we all supposed to come to the same conclusion that power is the only thing that matters? Stupid as it may seem honestly I wasn't bent out of shape because im not confident, probably more to do with your picture and when I read your posts all I see is that arrogant doctor saying it making it 10x worse.
I think I hear your mother calling you home for dinner...

OK, for the record, I think comparing this car to old, used cars as Bravenrace is doing is silly.

BUT, he's right. We are a mixed bag over at this forum, and ALL FT86 ALL OF THE TIME!!!!111 is not our style. If the intent was to compare the performance with used cars, you WILL SEE an unfavorable comparison to several Yugos being done in an extremely objective manner, I promise.

Please, both of you, regroup, and we cna continue to discus something else, I dunno, like maybe FRS prices or something.

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/16/12 8:02 a.m.

So... it's irritating for HIM to share HIS opinion and then back it up with how HE feels?

Care to explain exactly what you're doing?

Please go away.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
7/16/12 8:29 a.m.
Motio135 wrote: Stupid as it may seem honestly I wasn't bent out of shape because im not confident, probably more to do with your picture and when I read your posts all I see is that arrogant doctor saying it making it 10x worse.

Just when I think your responses couldn't get any more retarded.... you post this.

Wow. Glad youwasted your money on the FRSBRZABC123. Good for you. Not everyone wants your car. I want an Elantra GT but I'm not goingto get into an internet pissing match over it.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
7/16/12 8:56 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
bravenrace wrote:
For the record, I never compared I think I hear your mother calling you home for dinner...
OK, for the record, I think comparing this car to old, used cars as Bravenrace is doing is silly. BUT, he's right. We are a mixed bag over at this forum, and ALL FT86 ALL OF THE TIME!!!!111 is not our style. If the intent was to compare the performance with used cars, you WILL SEE an unfavorable comparison to several Yugos being done in an extremely objective manner, I promise. Please, both of you, regroup, and we cna continue to discus something else, I dunno, like maybe FRS prices or something.

For the record, I never compared old, used cars to this car. So no, I'm not silly. And I certainly don't need to regroup. If you re-read my responses, they were all well thought out and objective. I'm not the one getting all bent out of shape here.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gnZSwgt1wwaHCr6fg9ZPAujS0RWntQxMNDhVBnoj7fDnnoKFXHdc2kh4RKPkFbpO