6pak72
6pak72 New Reader
8/12/13 7:51 p.m.

So I've been holding back...but I can't let this go without raising your ante...I just have to figure out how to post the photos.

Imagine an 03 Mercury Sable.

Sorry about that. It gets better.

24v, Hawk blues, Wilwood 570, braided lines, over-ride the speed controller on the ECU, Ford Police Upgrade shocks/springs. Comp T/A tires.

Now imagine Watkins.

My ITA Miata broke down, and I had to instruct. So I ran the Mercury.

2:24.45 Really.

2:21.25 Peter Artsinger. He laughed his ass off while throttle steering through T11, saying "this is a whole lot more fun than I thought it would be".

Don't be dissing the grocery getter these days, it's a lot faster and more capable than your 1960/70's performance car.

Not that it's faster than the Miata, it was just a total hoot to beat the Audi's and VDubs in an American Sedan.

So how can I post a photo? Seeing this heeling over in the Bus stop will make a grown man cry.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
8/12/13 7:57 p.m.

Tracking a fancy Taurus, that's hilarious. I think there's a guy on here who runs a chevy midsized something or other in a similar manner.

Host the pics on photo bucket or whatever, copypasta the HTML insert code. Or click the camera icon above the row of smilies in the reply box and enter the image url.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
8/12/13 7:59 p.m.

That is so wrong on soooo many levels...

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
8/12/13 8:09 p.m.
6pak72 wrote: Imagine an 03 Mercury Sable.

My immediate thought was "I would prefer not to."

But I read it anyhow, and I approve :)

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
8/12/13 8:14 p.m.

You had to didnt you? I'm the guy who posted how much he loves Taurus (Sable) wagons.

Why do you guys do this to me?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/12/13 8:24 p.m.

Photobucket is free to use, and easy.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
8/12/13 8:40 p.m.

I want to see pictures of this.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/12/13 8:43 p.m.

Email them to someone if you have too.

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
8/12/13 9:54 p.m.

there are a few SHO's that run in Chumpcar, and i guess that they don't totally suck.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
8/13/13 12:04 a.m.

There's 1 photo of it in his garage profile. Looks stock...nice sleeper!

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
8/13/13 5:33 a.m.

I was doing a track weekend at the old Bridgehampton on LI, when the TR8 developed a wheel bearing issue. I finished the weekend driving the wife's 626 turbo, and it was a blast. Just couldn't get used to the driving with a helmet in a car I would occasionally use as a commuter. Leaving the driving suit and gloves in the trailer helped. OP how's your TR7 project coming along? I picked up another TR8 parts car a month ago. Plan is to use it to rebuild one of the TR8 coupes I wrecked up in NH.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7cJJ1lrbVjX3hT3sG0GNSe1VXiC0s7Jp7u64Phk01wii7idaA1UrzDVkbq5jXESw