1 2 3
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/20 8:29 a.m.

@ Woody

Good luck with getting your old car back. I did it once with my 924s back in the early 2000's. I was really glad I did. I still have the car to this day. I took this photo just now out my back door. Some cars become part of the family. This is one of them. 

Sitting as a parts storage bin at the moment after almost 400k miles of smiles. My son wants to revive it this year so we will see. Maybe it will make the half a million mile club. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/20 12:12 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I like that!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/20 3:04 p.m.

UPDATE:

This morning, after exchanging a few emails over the past few weeks, I spent about an hour on the phone with the current owner of my former Miata (the black car).

He's a great guy! He told me that the car is virtually unchanged from when I owned it, and he has only added a few miles to it, due to the combined facts that he owns several other cars and lives in Europe for part of the year.

We talked for a long time, about a lot of cool stuff. We have become friends.

My urgent need to own another Miata has cooled a bit. For the past month or so, I've been telling myself that I was only going to do something "If the Right Car comes along".

I have explained this to him, and we agreed that we both know where the Right Car is. He has considered thinning his fleet, and said that doing so would be easier if he knew that the Miata would be going to a good home.

He's returning to Europe next week and won't be back until summer. We're going to meet up in August for a pint of brown ale.

We have a gentleman's agreement. When he is ready to sell, I will be ready to buy.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZbctuzAr6WdWjVVncIFwPLZBi1LyytvhiM2YV5rWzGpSIC1x1uOkSTsHe4K6VoT6