1 2 3 4 5
edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
4/4/18 9:31 a.m.
NOHOME said:

I assume you have seen the P71 crawling all over Moab:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KFwPXEeJ3aI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit:  based on the results, I am assuming that after the last make-over Videos can no longer be embedded in post?

From what i've heard about the rocks at Moab they basically have a sandpaper texture and most vehicles could do what that crown vic did

RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/4/18 10:01 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to RossD :

What else was the F in, the MPV? Wasn't there a 4wd longitudinal MPV too?

Not familiar with the F series? devil Have you ever heard of a version of that engine known as the F2T? Basically a diesel engine block used to make a 12 valve turbo motor in the Ford Probe Gt, Mazda 626GT and MX-6 GT. yes

I'm not sure if the swap is done commonly or ever but that should bolt to the transmission. Who's the resident "F2T All Things" person?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/18 10:16 a.m.
therealpinto said:

I would say Lada Niva but I'm not sure that you can get those Russian tuff guys in the US... It's not much of a highway cruiser but more capable than a Samurai at least.

Gustaf

Dammit, now I want a Niva again...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/4/18 10:21 a.m.

If you're interested in an 04 V6 AWD Tribute let me know. Automatic.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/4/18 10:26 a.m.
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/4/18 10:33 a.m.
TheRX7Project said:

In reply to NickD :

You know, I really used to HATE the Juke... but it has really grown on me recently. It would be a great car for my needs.

I, too, used to hate the Juke. I still hate the Juke, but I also used to.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
4/4/18 10:36 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

You already have one of the best ones for what you want to do.  If you want a little more room and luxury, you could get one like mine.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/4/18 10:54 a.m.

Passat W8 Quattro Manual trans. Sadly, not a wagon.   Needs a clutch.  That should be a headbolt type challenge!  

Old_Town
Old_Town New Reader
4/4/18 11:12 a.m.

Are there any Dodge Raiders left or have they all returned to the Earth?

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/4/18 11:17 a.m.

In reply to Old_Town :

If never seen one in the wild until I moved to Texas but have seen two for sale and two driving around. I thought those and la Forzas were fictional until I came here.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/4/18 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Hal :

I'm aware that I may be in posession of my perfect old man AWD truck/car thingy. I just drove it around the block. Having said that, the only time I've found perfection is with my wife. I'm 100% willing to date around with cars. 

CyberEric
CyberEric Reader
4/4/18 11:21 a.m.

Did someone say F2T?! Let's put an F2T in a MPV!

I love when we start talking F2Ts! I don't know why, but I just love it. Even if I haven't driven one since 1998. But everyone on here gets all EXCITED about them, and I love excitement about old sort of obscure engines. 

Edit: Sorry I couldn't add anything of value! I will say the 2008 RAV4 with the 3.5 V6 absolutely flies. 

8valve
8valve Reader
4/4/18 11:24 a.m.

Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Geo...  Xterra maybe if they are uncool enough already that prices have dropped.  Or maybe better the early bland looking pathfinders if not. Druthers more like AWD minis from Chrysler or Mazda..  90's MPV or caravan. 

Sounds like you want reasonable hp/tq.  There are some good hp sixes availalble in most of those. 

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
4/4/18 11:33 a.m.

Mitsubishi Montero Sport and Outlander existed in the early 2000's. They're worth about the price of an expired can of tuna.

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
4/4/18 12:08 p.m.

tracker/vitara/Grand Vitara. Tough little vehicles. I know personally how rough and rugged that platform is. We had an 01 V6 GV that was a BEAST. boxed frame, real 2-spd transfer case, great gearing. That 2.5V6 loved to rev and had plenty of power. 

plus they look cool lifted: lifted tracker!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/18 12:19 p.m.

I had a Suzuki Sidekick LX 4-door that I took on many off road adventures, really a great vehicle that I regret selling.  

I think that if you are looking for a dirt-roader and a daily driver, you should look for a RAV4 Sport with the V6. 269hp where most CUVs that size have 150 - 180.  That should make it fun in the dirt! 

Dave
Dave Reader
4/4/18 12:23 p.m.
EvanB said:
therealpinto said:

I would say Lada Niva but I'm not sure that you can get those Russian tuff guys in the US... It's not much of a highway cruiser but more capable than a Samurai at least.

Gustaf

Dammit, now I want a Niva again...

Nivas are awesome. I've owned a few. They are getting really hard to find these days.

pinchvalve
4/4/18 12:23 p.m.

You could go old-school with a Tercel AWD

A Dodge Colt Vista AWD 

Nissan Stanza AWD

or Eagle Summit AWD

(OK, that's actually a Dodge Colt too...) 

pinchvalve
4/4/18 12:24 p.m.

Did you know the Tempo came in AWD? 

and the Pontiac 6000? 

pinchvalve
4/4/18 12:27 p.m.

Diahatsu Rocky? 

Isuzu Amigo? 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/4/18 12:28 p.m.

Does a Subaru Justy count? It's small and weird. Not a CUV though.

pinchvalve
4/4/18 12:29 p.m.

Suzuki X-90

Isuzu Vehicross

pinchvalve
4/4/18 12:30 p.m.

Dodge Raider

Eagle SX4

pinchvalve
4/4/18 12:35 p.m.

Laforza

VW Quantum Synchro

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/18 12:37 p.m.

The Ford Escape is available with 4WD.

I've been keeping an eye out for one, but they mostly sold up north.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fI2AZoAW30ymsNcjInfXWSjakgScUsr16DaM5TvmPAaKNdFwREi2bIVwyDBUralo