HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
4/22/15 11:22 a.m.

Most of my racing has been on an oval track, with the occasional run through some cones. I've been kicking around the idea of trying some road course stuff, more specifically Chumpcar or LeMons. This past weekend Chumpcar held a race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (CTMP) for the first time, and it is practically in my backyard. So I headed down to CTMP with camera in hand to check it out. I gotta do this! Now I just need to find 3 like minded friends who have the time, money, commitment and understanding spouses that I have. Until then, I'll just take pictures, or maybe volunteer.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
4/22/15 12:17 p.m.

You can rent a seat, if you feel so inclined. It's a bigger outright expense, but you don't have to worry about having a garage, tow vehicle, or three friends that can find the time. It's cheaper to rent in the long run, as long as you keep the car in relatively the same shape as when you got in it. I've rented at Sebring, Road Atlanta, and this past weekend at Road America. I've finished all three races, and had a great time, and met lots of great people.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/15 12:36 p.m.

Getting totally side tracked but I thought that this photo was a fantastic look at suspension camber.

exST165
exST165 New Reader
4/22/15 12:48 p.m.

HappyJack, where in the GTA are you located? I'm in the west-end so I wouldn't say that Mosport is in my backyard but everything is relative.

As for building a Chumpcar, I'll just leave this here:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oshawa-durham-region/1983-porsche-944-hatchback/1066213397?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
4/22/15 1:42 p.m.

I'm in Peterborough, and "in my backyard" is a relative term. But compared to anywhere in the states, 45 minutes away is in my backyard. Was this you having a word with the driver who put you in the tires?

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
4/22/15 1:49 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yfKIWjF8qK0CPvwrbuMORiyILtmghxaY905oGbNAvoIvHNalZ25PkMgHlY8E4Hcy