TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
3/4/17 11:22 a.m.

This morning i heard a bunch of loud noises in my town, slightly confused as to why there was noise in the strict German state, i looked out my window to see 1, 2 or 3 cars at a time. There must have been a hundred fully caged, sponsored, full blown dirty rally spec cars driving through my town.

i watched them pass through taking a few pictures, pretty cool to see a bunch of rally cars driving like a pedestrian car. after watching the show for about a half hour i realized that a lot of the cars had "KUS" on the side of them, and that the next town over was called KUSEL. wife and i jumped in the car hoping to find a few rally cars there, in hopes of seeing a live rally go on. lucky we were when we found a few stragglers that got lost and we followed them to the staging area.

AWESOME, I got to watch a live rally as it happened. saw a few launches and then ran up around the first bend for some cool pics of rally cars doing rally car things, or passing through town.

pictre dump here: http://imgur.com/a/kJ2AE

below are some of my favorites.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
3/4/17 11:57 a.m.

Love the Ascona and M3. Those are what rally cars should be. I don't care who that offends.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
3/4/17 12:00 p.m.

That's a great way to wake up on the weekend! I like the old Opel and 911s

TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
3/4/17 12:38 p.m.

is the ascona the opel? i thought it was the kadet or whatever, turns out the "C" generation is the same as a chevette. wife is debating between one of the old opels and a mini.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/4/17 4:52 p.m.

You lucky bastard!

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Reader
3/4/17 5:51 p.m.

The Opel makes me several kinds of happy...

PowerKraut
PowerKraut New Reader
3/4/17 8:10 p.m.

You lucky punk! You watched the season opener of the German Rally Championship I guess you live near St. Wendel

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
3/4/17 8:17 p.m.

Schwing!!! To the Opel.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
3/4/17 8:21 p.m.

Wish I lived someplace where cool stuff like that happened. Cool pics!

TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
3/5/17 3:11 a.m.

In reply to PowerKraut:

Directly East after looking it up. When is the next time they are in the area? I'd love to see more

84FSP
84FSP Dork
3/5/17 9:34 a.m.

Very cool! Looks like a rowdy bunch.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i HalfDork
3/5/17 4:03 p.m.

Jealous. Soooooo jealous.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/5/17 4:19 p.m.

Did you stand on the outside of a corner and try and touch the cars as they went by?

TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
3/5/17 4:32 p.m.

the real goal was to do something like this:

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
3/5/17 4:33 p.m.

Deutsche Rallye Meisterschaft schedule

Couldn't resist looking it up

TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
3/5/17 4:36 p.m.

youre a hero mate, if there are any within 30-60min of me ill try and catch it. post a few more cool things for ya

PowerKraut
PowerKraut New Reader
3/6/17 6:48 p.m.

In reply to TurboFocus: In August the Rallye Deutschland (WRC) will be run in the area between Trier, which is an hour northwest of you, St. Wendel, and Baumholder, which is less than an hour north of you. It doesn't get any better than that. If you prefer old school rally cars and Group B monsters go check out the Eifel Rallye Festival .

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9CYYTawzBRdU4Qllhv8PhmpQCt5XTKc4Z11BJ1RDpivPCLayxdpTJHRUdZknuXq7