1 2 3 4 ... 9
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/15/08 6:47 p.m.

Quoting is done by clicking the button that looks like a caption box - it's with the smilies. It is kinda clunky though, as it seems you still have to cut and paste in the stuff you want to qoute and who said it, but it does put it in the familiar quote format.

Wowak said:I think he means that when you hit "reply" on a specific post, it doesn't really reply to that post (i.e. by quoting) it just throws your response at the bottom. This post is a "reply" to Osterkraut but you'd never know it.

I don't know if it is possible, but I liked the quote function that automatically inserted the text from the person you wanted to quote. I also like having the board mark when a post has been edited, which this one does not seem to do.

EastCoastMojo
5/15/08 7:21 p.m.

On the board it says Tim is the last poster on this thread, but I don't see any posts from you. Did you post and then delete Tim?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/15/08 7:23 p.m.

Yup. Testing. Look between the Vote Up and Reply buttons on the posts.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/15/08 7:32 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Quoting is done by clicking the button that looks like a caption box - it's with the smilies. It is kinda clunky though, as it seems you still have to cut and paste in the stuff you want to qoute and who said it, but it does put it in the familiar quote format.
Wowak said:I think he means that when you hit "reply" on a specific post, it doesn't really reply to that post (i.e. by quoting) it just throws your response at the bottom. This post is a "reply" to Osterkraut but you'd never know it.
I don't know if it is possible, but I liked the quote function that automatically inserted the text from the person you wanted to quote. I also like having the board mark when a post has been edited, which this one does not seem to do.

Quotes.... I hope.

EastCoastMojo
5/15/08 8:04 p.m.

Aw SWEET! Thanks dude!
Now, is there a way that the smilies can be inserted where the cursor is instead of at the end of the post? Sometimes I have to go back and add one.

Tim Baxter wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: Quoting is done by clicking the button that looks like a caption box - it's with the smilies. It is kinda clunky though, as it seems you still have to cut and paste in the stuff you want to qoute and who said it, but it does put it in the familiar quote format.
Quotes.... I hope.
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/15/08 8:33 p.m.

Let me try exercising my javascript-fu another tomorrow or something. I'm beat.

EastCoastMojo
5/15/08 8:43 p.m.

No worries mate. I don't expect you to work 24/7 :grin:

Osterkraut
Osterkraut New Reader
5/15/08 9:12 p.m.

The times it did work, I loved the "new posts" link on the old board. A godsend for old threads made new again.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut New Reader
5/15/08 9:13 p.m.
Wowak wrote: I think he means that when you hit "reply" on a specific post, it doesn't really reply to that post (i.e. by quoting) it just throws your response at the bottom. This post is a "reply" to Osterkraut but you'd never know it.

Exactly.

The Poland thing is because the damn "your comment" and "preview" boxes don't ever seem to have a defined position. Sometimes they invade each other. For example, this time they're ABOVE the thread. Last time they were below.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/15/08 9:18 p.m.

Osterkraut how did it differ from the "new posts" link here?

Also, I think you're seeing stuff change as I find and fix bugs. Earlier today I fixed an IE bug that had the post and preview overlapping (as well as wildly out of position). As for WHERE the reply is... it depends. By default it's at the bottom of the page, but if you click "reply" on a post, it moves to directly below that post.

EastCoastMojo
5/15/08 9:28 p.m.

New posts link here just takes me to the last 5 or so posts, regardless of where I last read in the thread.

Also, the "your comment" box is big and wonky all of a sudden. I thought you were through breaking stuff for the evening? :grin:

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/15/08 9:31 p.m.

I guess I don't know when to walk away.

Gotcha on the "new posts" function. That ones on The List, as I need to investigate it a bit more.... in other words, I don't know how to do it, but I hope to figure something out.

Also.. you have your smilies that insert at the cursor.

EastCoastMojo
5/15/08 9:36 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: I guess I don't know when to walk away.

Yeah, it's hard to walk away from a project isn't it? :grin:

Tim Baxter wrote: Gotcha on the "new posts" function. That ones on The List, as I need to investigate it a bit more.... in other words, I don't know how to do it, but I hope to figure something out. Also.. you have your smilies that insert at the cursor.

You are da man!

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/16/08 3:06 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Yup. Testing. Look between the Vote Up and Reply buttons on the posts.

tursting.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/16/08 6:05 a.m.
Wowak wrote:
Tim Baxter wrote: Yup. Testing. Look between the Vote Up and Reply buttons on the posts.
tursting.

Retursting

EastCoastMojo
5/16/08 7:30 a.m.
John Brown wrote:
Wowak wrote:
tursting.
Retursting

Threetursting

EastCoastMojo
5/16/08 8:55 a.m.

Hey, do we have a search function? :grin:

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/16/08 9:02 a.m.

I'll get right on that.:omg:

John Brown
5/16/08 9:07 a.m.

Meh that is what Google is for.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/16/08 9:18 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote:
John Brown wrote:
Wowak wrote:
tursting.
Retursting
Threetursting

Fourtursting?

EastCoastMojo
5/16/08 9:43 a.m.

Hmmm. The stars work great, but now the right column that says "Last Post" is blank.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/16/08 9:47 a.m.

Browser and screen resolution?

John Brown
5/16/08 9:48 a.m.

I noticed that as well, but I have seen them disappear after a few minutes.

EastCoastMojo
5/16/08 9:52 a.m.

1280 x 1084 here at work. IE7 For what it's worth, the Last Post stuff is back in the right column now.

Tim Baxter wrote: Browser and screen resolution?
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/16/08 10:01 a.m.

Weird. Let me know if it disappears again.

1 2 3 4 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iURwOOKJEx8EiMB4cFxqqlIWdnl12090z5CKBnLlfA94ySDFHuCCQFsFjNsSEb4m