1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 12:08 p.m.

Oh yeah.. forgot that one... it takes you to the last post.

bravenrace
bravenrace New Reader
5/19/08 12:37 p.m.

Forget I said a word about it. What I need now is a dufus smiley.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
5/19/08 1:51 p.m.

What's with the pinstripe down the right side of the page? Anybody else getting that on every other post?

slefain
slefain Dork
5/19/08 2:25 p.m.

Alright, I have to say that this bold italic font sucks. I've been trying to get used to it today but I just hate it more. I have to almost guess at letters. I've been looking through FireFox's options and I can't find view that cures this.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 2:29 p.m.

Bold italic font? You're gonna have to send me a screenshot, as I use very little bold, and even less italic.

gamby
gamby New Reader
5/19/08 2:41 p.m.

:rolleyes:

:p

:lol:

:(

:shrug:

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/19/08 2:45 p.m.
gamby wrote: :rolleyes: :p :lol: :( :shrug:

:omg:

:grin:

:nice:

:what?:

:???:

John Brown
5/19/08 2:45 p.m.

:what?:

:???:

John Brown
5/19/08 2:46 p.m.

OH BAXTER...

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 2:48 p.m.

:?::whatthe:

gamby
gamby New Reader
5/19/08 2:53 p.m.

"new reader". :whatthe:

Duke
Duke
5/19/08 3:07 p.m.

Using Firefox 2.0.0.14 under Windows XP Pro, the navigation links are jammed up against the left side of the screen. It's not cut off or jumbled, but with zero padding it looks funny and is a little hard to read. A little margin there would be nice.

It would also be nice to punch up the usernames a little, but if this is the preferred style, I can live with it.

[edit] When I made this post I got some type of 502 Proxy Error, but it seems to have been posted anyway.

slefain
slefain Dork
5/19/08 3:42 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Bold italic font? You're gonna have to send me a screenshot, as I use very little bold, and even less italic.

I'll send you a screen shot if I can find your email address. Pretty much every typeface is bold italic on my machine. What font are you using, maybe I need to make sure it is installed. I did a font purge not too long ago and maybe I got over zealous. I'm running XP SP2 and FireFox.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 3:46 p.m.

Nothin' too fancy: For most things, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

On a windows machine, you PROBABLY won't have the first three, and probably will have the last three. If nothing else, it should default to some generic sans-serif on your machine.

For some headers it tries for Trade Gothic, or something fairly similar: 'TradeGothic', 'Trade Gothic', 'Arial Narrow', 'Impact', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

You can contact me through my profile or the staff page, but the email's baxter@

slefain
slefain Dork
5/19/08 3:54 p.m.

I got it fixed. I forced Firefox to use only my spec'd list of fonts for website viewing.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/19/08 3:55 p.m.

My cats breath smells like catfood

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/19/08 3:56 p.m.
ignorant wrote: My cats breath smells like catfood

My cat food smells like cat breath.

Duke
Duke Dork
5/19/08 4:00 p.m.

Hey, can we get a navigation path at the bottom of the screen as well as the top, please?

carson
carson Reader
5/19/08 4:01 p.m.

This might have been asked, (but I didn't read all 5 pages of this plus the other similar threads) where do private messages go now? Quick someone send me one so I can see if it shows up on my screen somewhere.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 4:10 p.m.

Your email

stuart in mn
stuart in mn None
5/19/08 7:18 p.m.

I'm assuming the page was designed on a monitor with greater than 800x600 resolution....on my computer I have to scroll from side to side to see everything. :evil:

Also (and this may be because of my resolution) there's a weird vertical line running down the screen that shows up on every other post (the white posts, not the shaded ones.) It's lined up in between the 'flag this post as spam' and the 'vote this comment up' buttons.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 7:32 p.m.

Stuart, send me a message with what Browser you're running, and I'll see what I can do about that line.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/19/08 7:38 p.m.

Something like "other"? Its there.:nice:

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Member
5/19/08 7:53 p.m.

Ok you want comments here we go

1. I don't see post counts or join dates. Is it me or still work in progress? I am one for having them as it helps me evaluate the advise that I am getting. Not that new readers who jointed yesterday are bad but knowing who the old guard is is not a bad thing.

2. What is going to happen to all the knowledge from the old board? Searching was a great way to get information about some of the most obscure things. It would be ashamed to loose access to all that information.

Now a couple of little things that I would like changed. I know that they are nitpicking but but here goes anyway.

Can you add shading to the quoted text? Just having the lines on the side does not define things enough for me. It makes it difficult to actually see who is quoting what, especially when there are multiple quotes with in quotes.

Can the text size on the posts be upped one size?

Can we have the option to not use this font? I use computers a lot for work and we have found that Aerial (or what ever this font is) is tiresome on the eyes (It causes eye strain). times roman is much easier on the eyes.

Other than that great looking place and I understand all the reasoning for the switch but I really did like the old board better! I am sure it will grow on me.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/19/08 7:55 p.m.

Why did it change the numerical valuers to dots? I had listed them as 1. and 2. This could be problematic especially when you want to post several questions or comments and reference back to a list of items comments etc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
klB2eki8tHUi1t03jBT7tOdHu4qqdDvfC8Vx4P2J9qwY1rVwqCsoIOZACJJmKZIs