beaulieu
5/20/08 7:10 p.m.

I didn't read through this whole thread...but

can we get to our old PMs ?

Or where are the new PMs ?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/20/08 7:12 p.m.

I didn't read through the whole question, but I bet the answers have been provided:twisted:

ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
5/20/08 7:26 p.m.
Gearhead_42 wrote: What's the "per page" post limit?
Tim Baxter wrote: I think it's 20. I forget, to tell the truth.

Now that I have read the thread, is there a reason for this? Can you add an option to change it? I prefer 50 or 100.

20 is obnoxiously low. Especially when 1/5 times I try and go to the next page there is a "502 proxy error" or something of the sort.

I didn't see the display of locations discussed.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/20/08 7:39 p.m.

After things settle out I'll look into upping it or adding an option. At this stage, I'm definitely more interested in speed and stability than adding features, unless they're REALLY trivial.

Just out of curiousity, did the old board have such a feature? I never noticed it. Then again, I don't pay much attention to how many are on a page.

carson
carson Reader
5/20/08 7:47 p.m.

I don't recall if there was an option to adjust the number of posts/page, but I think there were 25 replies/page

beaulieu
beaulieu New Reader
5/20/08 7:47 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: I didn't read through the whole question, but I bet the answers have been provided:twisted:

but since there is not a search button on top , how would I find it without going thru 6 pages,,,,,

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/20/08 7:49 p.m.

I'd advise going through the six pages, seriously, as there is a HUGE number of questions that have been answered.

But yes, a search function is very high on The List.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
5/20/08 7:50 p.m.

The old board didn't have the option to change posts per page, IIRC. So, I see that PMs are now sent to our email per the post earlier in this thread...Baxter, is there a way to have our old ones forwarded to our email before they're lost in space? I had a few challenge budget "proof" messages in there I was purposefully saving, I guess I should have saved them to my hard drive. Are our old PMs already lost in space?

I didn't see anything mentioned yet, old links to the message board are now sent to a "get out the map" 404 page. Another thing that isn't immediately affecting the board, but it would be really nice when you get time if old links still forwarded on to the correct thread once the old stuff becomes available again. Lots of other forums refer to stuff on the GRM forum, it'd be a shame to lose that information because the links are now dead.

Oh yeah, time stamp...can we adjust for time zones? I'm not sure if we could on the old board or not, but I noticed that is off for me too.

Bryce

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/20/08 7:55 p.m.

Your old PMs are squirrelled away with the rest of the old board, and should be available soon.. That's the plan, anyway. Not sure how easy it will be to remap all the links to it, but let me look into it.

I'll add timezones to The List, but that one's a pretty low priority for me.

Hocrest
Hocrest None
5/20/08 8:12 p.m.

Is there any way to see which posts you have replied in? I'm guessing that in my profile it will have them listed. But I'm wondering about a different icon or font on the actual pages of threads in each board.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/20/08 8:19 p.m.

Look up top. Click "your posts"

stuart in mn
stuart in mn New Reader
5/20/08 9:13 p.m.

Tim -

Here's how the screen looks for me....notice the big horizontal black line. I can live with it, but thought it may be something you can fix.

I'm on a PC, using Windows XP and IE Explorer 7, with 800x600 resolution on my monitor.

redbonechkn
redbonechkn None
5/20/08 9:57 p.m.

This is going to take a lil while to settle in TEST:whatthe:

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/20/08 10:06 p.m.

Oddly, the forum format is all berkeley'd up in IE for me all of a sudden, but fine in Firefox. When in IE, if I click on just about anything, it tells me 'site not configured'.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/20/08 10:07 p.m.

What's the domain you're using?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/20/08 10:16 p.m.
MGAMGB wrote: I don't see avatars. I did yesterday, but not today. I looked for the answer to this problem by clicking on "Issues" in the left column, but sadly, the fix wasn't there.

:grin: Good one.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/08 12:50 a.m.

Don't feel too bad none of my many issues are there.

iceracer
iceracer
5/21/08 9:12 a.m.

Is there anyway to narrow the page to fit my screen so that I don't have to keep moving it back and forth ? and what is the vertical line.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/21/08 9:13 a.m.

Here's one - How do PM's work? I PM'd somebody yesterday, but don't know if they've seen it, where I would go to see if they've responded, etc...

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/08 9:15 a.m.

It is sent to their Email address.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/21/08 9:15 a.m.

That vertical line still there? I can't see it myself no matter what I try, and I can't seem to get rid of it, either. I'll have another go at it.

PMs go to the user's email.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/21/08 9:29 a.m.

Gotcha.

Jay
Jay HalfDork
5/21/08 9:45 a.m.

I have a suggestion: could you bold the name of the poster above each post or at least use a stronger font? It's a bit hard to see who wrote what when you're skimming threads casually. Especially with the small avatars.

• J
neon4891
neon4891 Reader
5/21/08 9:54 a.m.

My post count is down by about 100, I was almost at 1/2 dork. Other wise I like the new site

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/21/08 12:33 p.m.

I like Jay's comment to make the names more prominent.

Also, the HTML nature of the markup won't let me double space after a period. Make's reading harder.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iEN0aXS4XsOvUlS5dWe1DehnzyIAz9u5vBReqVIn8iFcvp1guu7G4kMpK3LPoqzq