1 2 3 ... 5
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/29/13 4:23 p.m.

Got a pile of front end parts in for the 924s.

I am going to replace

Ball joints

A arm bushings

Bearings

Calipers

Pads

Dust shields

When it is all done I am going to break out the strings and do an alignment and then the cell phone and set camber (there is a great app I found called bubble level that is really good for this)

If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be doing an alignment using my cell phone and I was going to be doing it down to the 10th of a degree I would have laughed at you.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/13 4:27 p.m.

Aero testing at High Plains Raceway. In a car that was aligned with a set of FM hub stands and a cell phone

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/29/13 4:39 p.m.

I might start building a small cargo platform for the Protege's trailer hitch, 18x38 or so, just big enough for some camping gear. We camp with friends 3-5 times per year and a platform for stuff like camp chairs and our sooty campfire grille would be handy.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/29/13 4:40 p.m.

Towing it back from Louisville.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/29/13 4:42 p.m.

Just measured up the space for the rear strut brace I'll get made for my 'rolla, and it's far from conveniently rectangular. It's about 38" wide at the bottom, 38.5" wide at the top, and there's about 10" of vertical room if you don't want to make trouble for yourself. I figure I'll design about 0.25" of wiggle room into the tabs on the brace itself that will bolt onto the mounting tabs that will be welded to the strut towers, and drill the holes after fitting it. I'm gonna draw up some plans and try to get it fabbed tomorrow.

Also gotta order some rear springs, looks like 9" will be short enough to get the springs (edit: scratch that, just decided I'm going to 8" for safety, that will give LOTS of room) & perches completely out of the way of the tires in the rear, but I think I'll talk with a mechanic about whether I can get away with not using helper springs.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/29/13 4:50 p.m.

trying to remove the intake manifold

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/29/13 4:50 p.m.

Changing the tranny fluid in the F150. Trying to figure out the hard start problem with the Civic and the rich start problem.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
3/29/13 5:12 p.m.

Suspension bushing overhaul on my sister's c230k coupe.
Read the code on the IS300 to see why the CEL came back on.
Tranny flush, carpet, seat and rear seatbelt, fender and maybe rear bumper install on Saturn (hopefully the parts I stashed at the JY are still there today.)
Other sister's tC needs the pass axle changed and an oil change.
Finish soldering in the new LCD for the LS400's climate control unit.
Install replacement front body panels on my friend's Camry.

We'll see how much I actually accomplish, but I do have Monday off.

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
3/29/13 5:21 p.m.

Engine oil in the mercedes just picked up a 5 quart jug of mobil 1 15w-50. Hopefully I don't end up wearing it.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
3/29/13 5:22 p.m.

Minor stuff: Just picked up the MR2 and a new TPS. Scion xB is going to a friend's tomorrow for a garage get-together with guys I haven't seen since before Winter. Summer tires back on, new air filter for the SRI, a good cleaning, and maybe play with some carbon fiber vinyl I've had for awhile.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/29/13 5:23 p.m.

Hoping to change all the hoses and belts on the Ranchero, drain the tank and put in a bit of fresh, change the oil, and get it to fire up for, as far as I know, the first time in 16 years.

Should probably focus more on the garage so I have a place to do quarter panels. Just picked up a used 60gal/6hp Campbell Hausfeld upright off of CL, partly traded my old oilless wheelbarrow CH compressor...

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
3/29/13 5:24 p.m.

Starting to rip out the Miata suspension. Electrolysis to remove the rust, repaint ,and then re-bush all out it. I may get it apart this weekend, but not much more than that, I expect.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
3/29/13 5:24 p.m.

Giving the Mustang a much-needed bath and waxing! Dirt, I don't mind, but corrosive road salt I mind very much. The rain we got earlier the week wasn't enough to wash the layer of salt off the roads and my car like I had hoped. Plus it will look nice for when I go out with the family for Easter Sunday. Ahh, the joys of living in New England.

I'm going to tackle the Mustang's suspension on Monday or Tuesday. Steeda Ultralite springs, Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates, and Koni Yellow struts will be going in, then I will get the suspension and Watt's link aligned by someone who knows what they are doing (which is why I'm not doing it Saturday. Knowing me, I will kludge up the alignment and be all over the road on Sunday). I am hoping to have it all put together before next Sunday, the first autocross of the season.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
3/29/13 5:28 p.m.

Getting the Barracuda out of winter hibernation and taking it to my shop. Just for fun.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
3/29/13 5:36 p.m.

hoping to finally lay the clear coat down on my 72 LTD.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/29/13 5:45 p.m.

I forgot I am going an oil change on the 924s as well. With the accusump 8+ quarts of 20-50. If I have time I am also changing it on the expedition and the Mustang.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
3/29/13 5:50 p.m.

I was hoping to solve the no cruise control mystery on the 964 but I just ended up fixing the brights instead. Also went through the forward fuse box. Nothing was blown but there were a few inappropriate fuses in there. I need to pick up a handful of 25's to replace a bunch of 30's. I either need to fix my multimeter or get a new one.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/13 5:54 p.m.

Taking it apart.

We've had it for about 24 hours.

photo ModelATudor010_zps4db8885e.jpg

photo Chassis1_zps9738eba1.jpg

photo TudorBody_zps9bd33cc6.jpg

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
3/29/13 5:58 p.m.

Change oil, detail.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
3/29/13 6:21 p.m.

Wilwood brake kit.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 HalfDork
3/29/13 6:26 p.m.

Got the clutch installed and trans bolted up today. Work tomorrow. After Church Sunday, I'll hopefully get the engine and trans in.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
3/29/13 6:45 p.m.

not much ... pulling the inner fender liner so I can get to the air filter ... clean it, and re-oil it .. .let it dry and re - install .... wash it (maybe ... both jobs depend on if the rain stops )

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
3/29/13 6:51 p.m.

Investigating tranny issues and oil leak on the teg. Hopefully the two are related.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
3/29/13 7:08 p.m.

thank you for the reminder... just ordered 2 axles bearings from Rockauto. They wont be here by the weekend, but at least I remembered to order them (been about 2 weeks now)

tb
tb Reader
3/29/13 7:12 p.m.

Selling it

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
77t8rC0jgymhrnLQaPRxYdCXiSK8Ef2HAJ5aPchZzKUFyAo8ecjt56bO9oQf4aXE