buzzboy
buzzboy Reader
7/1/17 4:47 p.m.

I'm trying to find a repository of OEM wheels that is somewhat searchable and I'm struggling. I'm looking to find wheels in a certain size, PCD, offset et cetera for my build and I like using OEM wheels because I'm cheap and I trust OEM wheels more than cheap knockoffs in racing applications.

If anybody knows off the top of their head I'm looking for a 16x8 4x100 et40 +/- 5mm

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/1/17 4:54 p.m.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp#axzz4lcSwMA3q

Can't speak to the accuracy except maybe a few, but I start here for research and confirm elsewhere.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
7/1/17 5:20 p.m.

As someone who's searched that pattern a lot you're going to have problems finding that wide of an OEM wheel. The 4x100 typically came on smaller cars so the need for a wide wheel wasn't there.

buzzboy
buzzboy Reader
7/1/17 5:38 p.m.

Yeah, that's what I was figuring, especially after looking at Robbie's link. Hmm... run narrower wheels or look to the aftermarket? Lucky I've got plenty of time left to decide.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/1/17 5:47 p.m.

Not relevant to your specific needs, but there's a pretty good database of Porsche OEM wheels here in case anyone else comes upon this thread while searching for wheels.

I agree that a database of all OEM wheels would be an awesome thing to have. Be quite a project to build and maintain, though.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
7/1/17 7:57 p.m.

In reply to buzzboy:

If searching CL my best search is quote "4 lug". I say quote because you use the quotation marks in the search block. That finds those two words in that exact phrase. I find a lot of people don't know they have 4x100 but they know they have 4 lugs.

CWR67
CWR67 New Reader
7/1/17 8:16 p.m.

Years ago didn't GRM have an article that had a wheel swap chart - lug pattern, offsets and such?

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
7/1/17 9:52 p.m.

I don't know if this is really what you're looking for but I've found this to be a great resource for OEM wheels.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wr9NAIdcfNLV8UNXWfwh7lqVlkv5KJY08fX8fysVIjJtgGt5de2NobHQjV4GIBRT