1 2
DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
2/6/13 9:36 p.m.

Anyone in the DMV area attend these? I plan on attending all of them this year so long as there is no schedule conflicts. Very excited to try a new form of motorsport. I'll either be in the WRX or a beater but I'll be there! .

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
2/6/13 9:55 p.m.

I have been to one event and had a blast! Wish I had the time for another event, maybe in the fall.

moxnix
moxnix Reader
2/6/13 10:01 p.m.

Yes. In the dirty white impreza or the dirty red RX-7

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
2/6/13 10:29 p.m.

Does anyone have a link with a schedule? I wanna come play in the P71!

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
2/6/13 11:12 p.m.

From WDCProrally (yahoo group)

Here's our preliminary 2013 schedule as it stands. I'll notify everyone once season subscriptions are open.

March 23 Drivers School / Testing

March 24 Event # 1

April 21 Event # 2

May 26 Event # 3

June 22 & 23 Event #4 "Conquer the Summit

; September 7 Drivers School / Testing

; September 8 Event #5

October 13 Event #6

November 10 Event #7

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
2/7/13 12:33 a.m.

I plan on making all of them. Sundays are my Saturdays and getting as far away from this area will be very enjoyable especially when getting dirty is involved.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/7/13 8:02 a.m.

In reply to moxnix:

Epic shot!

I also run those numbers on my dirty white rx7, 74 or 174. It is easy to do with tape.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
2/7/13 8:05 a.m.

Our season starts in April or May. My second season. DirtyBird222 you won't regret it.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
2/7/13 8:33 a.m.

I run 174 as well haha

Requested 7 this year, which is my Miata's old number.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
2/7/13 8:41 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I run 174 as well haha Requested 7 this year, which is my Miata's old number.

It must be an Rx7 thing lol.

moxnix
moxnix Reader
2/7/13 8:50 a.m.
fidelity101 wrote: In reply to moxnix: Epic shot!

A friend was driving at the time. I was in the passenger seat. The photographer at the event got the whole sequence of how that happened.

I have no idea what is up with the 74/174 thing with RX-7's.

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
2/7/13 9:50 a.m.

I want to try and get over to one of the two day events this year. Hopefully I can convince some one with a turbo miata to go.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
2/7/13 10:46 a.m.
Jerry wrote: Our season starts in April or May. My second season. DirtyBird222 you won't regret it.

Awesome! I'll have my DSLR out there as well to snap some pictures. I'm on the hunt for a project car but if push comes to shove I'll just bring the WRX

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
2/7/13 11:59 a.m.

Thanks for the schedule! Do you have to be an SCCA member to run, or can anyone join in? I don't know if I'd get to enough of them to break even on a membership by saving on reg. fees.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/7/13 12:12 p.m.
cghstang wrote: I want to try and get over to one of the two day events this year. Hopefully I can convince some one with a turbo miata to go.

We should organize an Ohio group run down to there.

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
2/7/13 12:14 p.m.

In reply to Knurled: YES.

moxnix
moxnix Reader
2/7/13 12:36 p.m.
Racer1ab wrote: Thanks for the schedule! Do you have to be an SCCA member to run, or can anyone join in? I don't know if I'd get to enough of them to break even on a membership by saving on reg. fees.

If you are not an SCCA member you will need to buy a weekend membership for $10 (please register online so I don't have to do more paperwork at the event). This weekend membership number can be used for a $15 discount on your SCCA membership for 60? days after the event also if you do decide to join..

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
2/7/13 1:01 p.m.
moxnix wrote: Yes. In the dirty white impreza or the dirty red RX-7

Damn! I'm surprised that it didn't dig its' nose in and flip end over end. Good thing...

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/7/13 1:34 p.m.
cghstang wrote: I want to try and get over to one of the two day events this year. Hopefully I can convince some one with a turbo miata to go.

No convincing needed, I was thinking the same thing.

CLynn85
CLynn85 Reader
2/7/13 8:49 p.m.

I sold my RallyX beater over the winter, but hoping to maybe bum a ride or two here and there. Seriously fun group of folks to race with and a seriously awesome venue.

JtspellS
JtspellS HalfDork
2/7/13 9:03 p.m.

I really want to take the protégé 5 just to try something different!

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/7/13 10:55 p.m.

ahem....

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grmevents/join-us-at-summit-point-for-rallycross-outside-dc/60014/page1/

(we talked on NASIOC, but I don't run my WRX...)

my method for avoiding hitting cones

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
2/7/13 10:58 p.m.

Yes we did! Can't wait to get out there! Just seeing if anyone from the GRM community from around here will be there. Think i might pick a ride up this weekend.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/7/13 11:13 p.m.

There are probably about 10 GRM forum people that run out there (and several more with GRM stickers that don't come on the forum).

Decided what you're going to pick up yet?

go for this:

why, you might ask?

because the seller specifically says:

" It is a great autocross car, some people love it for rallycross (Never rallyx'd) but no matter where you are driving you will be smiling."

he KNOWS

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/3551528543.html

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/8/13 1:59 a.m.

I'd love to give that a shot! what's the policy as far as convertibles w/ removable hardtops goes? all I have is the Miata (FM2.0 suspension kit with some random Hancook all-seasons, a Hard Dog HCHT bar and a Beatrush front undertray) and my Mini, but that isn't exactly cut out for rally usage (hateful enough to drive over poorly maintained city streets, I can't imagine a dirt course will be too much nicer to it). If convertibles are allowed (with their hardtops on), would I be ill advised to run a rallycross in a Miata with a Flyin Miata suspension setup on it? (sits about 3/4-1" lower than stock, or about the same height as it did when I first got it when it had 15 year old factory springs)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ayvSSZkssii5cM7SHI2ggYhhdra5ACXoVazOoHQdmvUiI8SQShiICGMTXSAoQlBA