Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/12 8:35 p.m.

...hypothetically, of course.

Where would such a person begin shopping?

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
11/25/12 8:42 p.m.

international auto parts

centerline alfa

and Alfa of Tacoma

Alfa of Tacoma is great. Hopefully you get Geno on the phone. That dude is an encyclopedia of Alfas. Questions like "I have an early 105 gearbox and want the later moly synchros in it" are answered instantly with part numbers from memory.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/25/12 8:45 p.m.

well, I could help. There are lots of Alfas where I live.

But you'd have to wait until my next stateside visit for delivery (usually 6-months)

Woody
11/25/12 8:46 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote: international auto parts centerline alfa and Alfa of Tacoma Alfa of Tacoma is great. Hopefully you get Geno on the phone. That dude is an encyclopedia of Alfas. Questions like "I have an early 105 gearbox and want the later moly synchros in it" are answered instantly with part numbers from memory.

How about stuff like "I need carpet"?

Quasimo1
Quasimo1 New Reader
11/25/12 8:53 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

That could be a little bit harder. Assuming you have an Alfa Romeo Spider the original 1 piece molded carpet is now getting real hard to find. Most of the spider carpet kits are now multiple piece items. Head on over to http://www.alfabb.com to see the latest reviews on who makes the best carpet kit and the best supplier to use.

If your carpet is just faded you can probably bring it back with a dye job. I managed to get my carpet black again after it was a burn orange from sun exposure.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/25/12 9:11 p.m.

I, too, would refuse to settle for a multi-piece carpet kit in my Spider so I bought a used OE piece and re-dyed it. You can get the kits in any color and material under the sun though from a few different suppliers.

International Auto and Centerline are great for restoration stuff, Vick Auto Sports is good for performance and more uncommon stuff. I mostly buy stuff used on the alfabb.com classifieds or on eBay.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
11/25/12 9:32 p.m.

Alfa parts in berkeley ca (alfapartscatalog.com) is good for the kind of stuff you would have gotten at the dealer when they were new, and performatek has lots of performance suspension and drivetrain stuff.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
11/26/12 6:36 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

It also depends on what carpet you are buying for.

If you are restoring a Giulietta or Giulia, I would be more toward the Re-Originals side of things, even thought their prices are high.

But I'm with Quasimo1- go to the alfabb for more sources- IAP and Centerline are great, would buy again in a second, but there are a few others around.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/26/12 9:45 a.m.

I have ordered stuff from here:

Vick Autosports

and have had good results.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/26/12 10:21 a.m.
Woody wrote: ...hypothetically, of course. Where would such a person begin shopping?

So what have you bought now, of course hypothetically speaking?

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
11/26/12 4:32 p.m.

I think he deals in older,used stuff but you might check with Al Taylor.

Woody
11/26/12 4:34 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote:
Woody wrote: ...hypothetically, of course. Where would such a person begin shopping?
So what have you bought now, of course hypothetically speaking?

Both hypothetically and realistically, I have bought nothing.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/26/12 6:07 p.m.

I used to sell to these guys a lot: DiFatta Bros No fancy catalog but they know the cars better than some of the people who answer the phones at the catalog stores.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
11/26/12 6:19 p.m.

Another vote for IAP. I never got mine done, but it sure as hell wasn't their fault.

http://www.international-auto.com/

Also had luck finding some unobtanium stuff with Dean Russell's "Trail Auto" in Michigan. Doesn't have much of an online presence, but sure seems to know the cars.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fCi2y9w3OKMAjBPJZYB0M3MF8G8CwBehylleagsP6Db8byL93S2LUWNMi4iQ0bXb