1 2 3 4
Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
10/11/11 2:07 p.m.

If you need a Team BBQ'er, I know a guy in Bryan... Class of '62, I think, maybe '63.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/11/11 2:09 p.m.

I'll send as soon as I can get to a place where my paypal isn't borked. I've been in that kinda jam before, I know how it goes.

jsymonds
jsymonds Reader
10/11/11 4:57 p.m.

Sent from the guys at Georgia Tech. And may I add, this barbecue idea is possibly the best I've ever heard.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/11/11 6:10 p.m.

mmmmmmmm........BBQ....... I may have to donate again.

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
10/11/11 6:31 p.m.

$ sent

SqueakyChu
SqueakyChu New Reader
10/11/11 7:33 p.m.

$ sent. Here's to a better year in $2012.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/11/11 7:53 p.m.

In reply to unevolved:

Hey I live about an hour from the challenge(In Palatka) and I will donate a smoker for the BBQ.I'll even kick in some meat.Its about a 500 gal cooker.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
10/11/11 8:05 p.m.
speedbiu wrote: In reply to unevolved: Hey I live about an hour from the challenge(In Palatka) and I will donate a smoker for the BBQ.I'll even kick in some meat.Its about a 500 gal cooker.

I like where this is going.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/11 8:13 p.m.
unevolved wrote:
speedbiu wrote: In reply to unevolved: Hey I live about an hour from the challenge(In Palatka) and I will donate a smoker for the BBQ.I'll even kick in some meat.Its about a 500 gal cooker.
I like where this is going.

so does my tapeworm!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/11/11 8:18 p.m.

OK who's bringing the beer... wait.. nevermind

mmmmmm iced tea

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
10/11/11 8:24 p.m.

sweet tea

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
10/11/11 8:56 p.m.

Sent.

fastclown
fastclown Reader
10/12/11 6:51 a.m.

Sent, It was great to watch you guys during the final half hour of the autocross clock. Talk about last minute diagnosing and fixing. That was the most exciting part of the weekend, thanks!

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
10/12/11 7:59 a.m.

Texas toast

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
10/17/11 2:25 p.m.

Thanks everyone for the amazing support. So far, we've had over $755 donated.

That's enough for us to pull the trigger on a replacement, so this weekend we pooled our money, found a black hardtop for $900, bought it, and then drove it up to Dallas three hours away to trade it for a blue one, both of which were listed on Craigslist. I'm about to transfer the money out of paypal and reimburse the guys that chipped in.

I've talked it over with the guys going next year (I'll be graduated, so I won't be officially involved with the team)...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/18/11 4:08 p.m.

You guys rule and we love you, bring it on in $2012.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
10/18/11 5:14 p.m.

This is a great redemption for the the 2011 challenge ! Bring on 2012 challenge

Gearheadotaku
10/18/11 8:47 p.m.

where the drool smiley?

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/18/11 8:59 p.m.

So WTF??? I missed this AND the original thread. Where was your car parked??? We partied by the pool all night and closed her down ~6am after hanging with some south african dude who I'm pretty sure had just woken up. Never heard anybody in the lot, and would've drunkenly and mercilessly beaten someone had they been f'ing with a challenge car (or any other car.)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/11 9:05 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: ... would've drunkenly and mercilessly beaten someone had they been f'ing with a challenge car (or any other car.)

I believe this statement to be true.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
10/18/11 9:24 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: So WTF??? I missed this AND the original thread. Where was your car parked??? We partied by the pool all night and closed her down ~6am after hanging with some south african dude who I'm pretty sure had just woken up. Never heard anybody in the lot, and would've drunkenly and mercilessly beaten someone had they been f'ing with a challenge car (or any other car.)

It was parked near the pool. The only people I saw near it were the A&M guys loading up to leave at like 3am.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/18/11 9:59 p.m.
turbojunker wrote:
poopshovel wrote: So WTF??? I missed this AND the original thread. Where was your car parked??? We partied by the pool all night and closed her down ~6am after hanging with some south african dude who I'm pretty sure had just woken up. Never heard anybody in the lot, and would've drunkenly and mercilessly beaten someone had they been f'ing with a challenge car (or any other car.)
It was parked near the pool. The only people I saw near it were the A&M guys loading up to leave at like 3am.

Oh wow. I would make a really bad security guard.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
10/18/11 10:19 p.m.

Meow.

Shiner
Shiner New Reader
9/5/12 10:47 a.m.

Alright, as promised we will be cooking at competition this year. There are just some logistics to get out of the way. First off we want to get a general Idea of how many people would want BBQ. If we want to do it big my little 55 gallon pit is not going to cut it.

I could negotiate with another club at A&M for the use of their smoker, we would just have to take another truck to haul both the car and the smoker to florida. If speedbiu is willing to bring a smoker we should have no problem having enough grilling space.

Y'all really helped us out of a tight spot last year, we are just hoping we can pay it back!

Gearheadotaku
9/5/12 2:22 p.m.

Regrettably I'm not going to make it. I admire you guys for doing this.

Good luck and good eating!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NnPCBgIx9iOOXS9No63wXLTa4zxBnFaBdJuqWvTTskGC8dt9xos4f0hY1r58krN2