1 2 3
subrew
subrew Reader
12/3/10 6:50 p.m.

I'll be curious about the B Spec class. Several guys on rr-ax have been mentioning this class, saying it was supposed to be launched at SEMA, but it was all crickets.

trekkor
trekkor New Reader
12/3/10 11:07 p.m.

We streamed our 24 Hours of LeMons race at TH using UStream. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/24-hours-of-lemons-8-7-8

Smart phone mounted in-car as the video uploader. We were watching our own footage from our pit stall.

I'm here at the race, if you need help.

KT

frenchychan
frenchychan
12/3/10 11:48 p.m.

i've seen people streem using justin.tv

here...team rdr will be streaming from their iphone http://www.justin.tv/teamrdr

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/4/10 8:40 a.m.

My first video upload gagged after I went to bed, but it's trying again right now. should be up in the next 20 or so. Hopefully I can post the link before I leave the hotel.

jg

EDIT: Internet was more cooperative this morning, so here's the first video update.

Another should be uploading this morning before the race starts.

frenchychan
frenchychan New Reader
12/4/10 9:12 a.m.

nice!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/4/10 11:30 a.m.

Two thumbs up.

JG Pasterjak
12/4/10 12:31 p.m.

Trying very hard to get the live in-car stream working. Not sure if it'll happen, but it won't be for lack of effort. We're on rains for the start. Cross your fingers.

jg

fifty
fifty Reader
12/4/10 12:32 p.m.

Three thumbs up! That was great - JG needs his own show.

JG Pasterjak
12/4/10 2:19 p.m.

Latest photos up. The entire field during the parade lap. My shutter finger is tired. They ain't all art, but it's a good look at the variety of the cars in the field.

Gallery here.

CR-Z video coming soon.

jg

JG Pasterjak
12/4/10 2:43 p.m.

Might still need to cook a bit, but here's an interview with Lee Niffenegger about the Honda CR-Z racecars.

I think I have to go drive now.

jg

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
12/4/10 3:05 p.m.

Live timing/scoring.

http://www.drivenasa.com:8080/liveresults/champs

friedgreencorrado
12/4/10 3:43 p.m.

Onboard: Robert Davis Racing #58 RX-8 (class E2)

http://www.justin.tv/teamrdr3#/w/616505776

It's a little choppy sometimes, but hey..at least it's on.

EDIT: Moment I hit "send", it went dark.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 HalfDork
12/4/10 4:20 p.m.

JG should host US Top Gear.

friedgreencorrado
12/4/10 7:00 p.m.

Rain at Thunderhill..the RDR link is working again, but kinda choppy.

JG Pasterjak
12/4/10 7:28 p.m.

Our race has ended. During a full course caution, one of our drivers gotinto a situation that ended with him running into into the safety truck which was attending to the crash scene.

Between the physical damage, and the gravity of the incident, we've decided that continuing would be in no one's best interest.

Team owner John Mueller and crew Chief Steve Stepanian are coming over shortly and we'll do another interview and see if we can provide a little more perspective.

If there's any initial conclusion I can draw from this incident, it's that the line between butt-puckering near-miss and potential life-altering incident is hair-thin, and every time we strap on the belts and pull on a helmet we walk that line.

jg

ArizonaGT
ArizonaGT New Reader
12/4/10 8:43 p.m.

Crashed into the safety car...homeboy is never gonna live THAT one down.

friedgreencorrado
12/4/10 9:47 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

Ouch. Sorry to hear it, JG. You're right..it's the toughest sport in the world. And endurance racing makes it tougher.

subrew
subrew Reader
12/4/10 10:07 p.m.

I heard one of the HPD CR-Zs rolled...

fifty
fifty Reader
12/4/10 11:01 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: In reply to JG Pasterjak: Ouch. Sorry to hear it, JG. You're right..it's the toughest sport in the world. And endurance racing makes it tougher.

Tougher than the Tour DeFrance? Sorry to hear about the wreck, hopefully everyone is okay.

JG Pasterjak
12/4/10 11:20 p.m.

A look at the new B Spec class with Mazda's John Doonan.

Our post-mortem on the crash is coming next.

jg

JG Pasterjak
12/5/10 12:09 a.m.

And here is our crash chat.

I'm going to hand out some free food pretty soon, then get some sleep.

jg

trekkor
trekkor New Reader
12/5/10 2:27 a.m.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/trekkor/the25/

KT

trekkor
trekkor New Reader
12/5/10 2:30 a.m.

Couple of bad wrecks tonight.

The Corvette prototype car spun in T9. When it tried to re-enter the track, a Miata climbed up the left side of the car bending the rear suspension and tearing up the body work and rear wing. The Miata went over the top of the car and down over the windshield, breaking it, and down over the front fender.

The wreck was really strange in two ways. The road was very slick in T1. A car spun and others were trying to avoid it going around left and right. One car couldn't avoid the car and horribly t-boned the car hard on the left hand door! 1. Both cars were team mates and are destroyed. Both driver were unconscious for a short time. 2. The car that was hit was a right-hand drive race car, so the driver wasn't hit by the impact. The door bars were about 16 inches into the car and the left hand wheel base is now 2.5 inches shorter than the right side.

All the drivers are OK.

KT

friedgreencorrado
12/5/10 11:54 a.m.

In reply to trekkor:

Rough night. I see on RDR's onboard it's still kinda wet. Any idea who's leading? T&S link is down.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
12/5/10 12:50 p.m.

I just got home from out there... it was CARNAGE. There's never been so many accidents and stuff at a 25.

And that's not a "corvette prototype", that's a Factory Five GTM Supercar.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7of9NS4nDjWnjnRP6qghimqjVTWaVAUSds2jumSsHsus6Beq8L0HV8LWlZ8sIAKo