1 2 3
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/1/13 7:38 p.m.

Saw one in white in New Orleans yesterday and I have to say that they are much prettier in person than in pictures. May have also been the color as opposed to the obnoxious red or bizzare GM blue I keep seeing. But I didn't find it nearly as obnoxious as the photos. Actually I think the white looks more Ferrari than Cheby. Good thing, but then again that front clip was swiped straight from the Ferrari dealership in Detroit anyway, so the rest of the package doing that is awesome.

Either way I was curious as to how much the Corvette would sticker for in GRM trim.

2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe 1LT with Z51 Performance Package Price
$60,280*

MSRP1 from $53,800 Destination Freight Charge $995

Options
Arctic White $0
Jet Black, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts $0
Z51 5-split spoke Silver-painted aluminum wheels $0
6.2L V8 DI engine $0
7-speed manual transmission $0
Magnetic Selective Ride Control™ Remove $1,795
Performance exhaust Remove $1,195
Competition Sport bucket seats $2,495

Options Total $5,485

Total MSRP $60,280

So, dry sump, lots of extra coolers, upgraded seats, suspension, exhaust and gear ratios, there you have it.

$60K for America's supercar

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/13 7:41 p.m.

white looks good

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
12/1/13 7:53 p.m.

Why would you want to remove the performance exhaust?

Or perhaps I should say, why doesn't Chevy find away to make that option sound more appealing, like super sports or light weight exhaust upgrade?

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/1/13 7:57 p.m.

Wow, no huge dealer "market adjustment"?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
12/1/13 8:07 p.m.

Surprisingly attractive.

Even within the scope of a 60k car, spending 2.5k on two seats makes me shake my head a little.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/1/13 8:39 p.m.

so they charge an extra $3k to remove the good exhaust and complicated shocks?

G8MikeGXP
G8MikeGXP New Reader
12/1/13 8:48 p.m.

I have to believe the "remove" is the product of a copy and paste from the Chevy web site.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/1/13 9:00 p.m.
Saw one in white in New Orleans yesterday and I have to say that they are much prettier in person than in pictures.

I had the opposite opinion. Well, for me it wasn't really a styling issue. For me the car looks 'cheaper' in person than in pictures. Hard to pin down why that is, but i assume it has to do with surface finishes.

Actually I think the white looks more Ferrari than Cheby. Good thing, but then again that front clip was swiped straight from the Ferrari dealership in Detroit anyway

I think stylistically it shares a lot with the F12.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/1/13 9:00 p.m.
Saw one in white in New Orleans yesterday and I have to say that they are much prettier in person than in pictures.

I had the opposite opinion. Well, for me it wasn't really a styling issue. For me the car looks 'cheaper' in person than in pictures. Hard to pin down why that is, but i assume it has to do with surface finishes.

Actually I think the white looks more Ferrari than Cheby. Good thing, but then again that front clip was swiped straight from the Ferrari dealership in Detroit anyway

I think stylistically it shares a lot with the F12.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/1/13 9:04 p.m.

Add the Aerowagon setup and that's the car I just ordered. The right color and everything. I'm excited.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/1/13 9:10 p.m.
Vigo wrote:

I agree, but I thought it had to do with the 328 black plastic grills and other crap that Pontiac put on the car. black is the best color because it hides all that stuff.

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
12/1/13 9:11 p.m.

I wish I had a picture of it. Last weekend driving by the Chevy dealer in Chantilly, VA they had the new Stingray out front by the access road. Stopped next to it on the road was a classic 70s Stingray, and the 60-something owner was standing there chatting with someone (presumably a salesman or something). It was a scene right out of an ad.

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
12/1/13 9:13 p.m.

But... I like that bizzare blue. :(
I also love that copper color too.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/1/13 9:20 p.m.
mblommel wrote: Wow, no huge dealer "market adjustment"?

Nope, its not toyota/subaru we are talking about here.....

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/1/13 9:42 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: so they charge an extra $3k to remove the good exhaust and complicated shocks?

Yeah and after that they add in better exhaust and shocks.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/1/13 9:55 p.m.

Yeah that is the cost of the performance exhaust option, not remove it to add it.

The magna ride is what is the car had when it went to the 'ring, I think that is an important thing, besides if it is good enough for Ferrari to buy it from GM, I think it is good enough for me.

I don't know if there is a berkeleywad shiny happy person stealership mark up sticker, this is just straight from GM's website.

I would op for one other option if I ever threw the money down, bowling green delivery. $990. My inside track at GM works there and I would love to be able to give him crap.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/1/13 10:13 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Surprisingly attractive. Even within the scope of a 60k car, spending 2.5k on two seats makes me shake my head a little.

Recaros for the Mustang are $1600.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/1/13 10:28 p.m.
Vigo wrote: I had the opposite opinion. Well, for me it wasn't really a styling issue. For me the car looks 'cheaper' in person than in pictures. Hard to pin down why that is, but I assume it has to do with surface finishes.

Thanks to the EPA, with today's "paint" you aren't going to get any mass produced car that isn't orange peeled to hell. I don't think you can get smooth anymore without a lot of sounding.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/1/13 11:16 p.m.

I did the same pricing the other day, and it really seems like a bargain. If I were looking at $60,000 cars instead of $1,000 cars, it would be on my radar.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
12/2/13 12:08 a.m.

Yeah, but that's 60 $1000 cars. It would be 2 months before you drove the same one again.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
12/2/13 7:19 a.m.

Im look for a nice house around that price...

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
12/2/13 7:29 a.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: Im look for a nice house around that price...

You won't find a "nice" house at that price.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/2/13 7:58 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Decent $1,000 cars are rare.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/13 8:13 a.m.

Saw that same car on the commute to work this morning, thought it looked much better in the flesh myself and I liked the white. I'd get one as a mid-life crisis car, but I want to live more than 90 years so i'll have to wait a few more years.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/2/13 10:21 a.m.
jstein77 wrote:
Jaxmadine wrote: Im look for a nice house around that price...
You won't find a "nice" house at that price.

Depends where you are.....its very possible to find a "nice" house for 60k bones.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6AIWxMDjwLbSbnLlGDALZUKzdGy4oHvbxhFwe1ICLIottmfWGRoGHrJEieSXmXO9