1 2
EP3CivicSi
EP3CivicSi New Reader
4/26/17 2:52 p.m.

I really like mine still, it's just starting to wear out after being regularly autocrossed and tracked from 2007 to last years July Track Night in America. It sat for a month following the track day, when I stared it back up I had a cylinder 1 misfire, from a blown injector driver in the ECU, that started because of a bad gas tank vent solenoid, and now it is a lawn ornament.

I have it set up for track days on custom valved Koni shocks and eibach spring 700f 1200 rear with a .75" drop and a little forward rake. I ran 1:41 at NJMP Thunderbolt in July, with the OEM K20a3, intake, race header, 2.75" custom exhaust, and a Kpro tune. The car is fun, just not super fast. Any questions about them in stock form or lightly modified let me know!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
4/26/17 3:16 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I've tracked the EP3 and RSX a bunch. In stock (or near-stock) form, it's fine. Now that I think about it, didn't David Whitener recently win a Street Touring Solo title in one?

He won in an RSX last year and promptly sold it because his wife hated it. It lives in Houston now. Rule changes in ST classes for next year means this is probably it's last year to be competitive. That car in Houston now. Still fast, but not as fast as when David was driving.
I also rehabbed an RSX stage rally car recently. Pretty much everything was broken which meant I got to take nearly everything apart and they are well built cars. Enough so that I've seriously entertained buying one.

Dbussey1
Dbussey1 Reader
4/26/17 3:21 p.m.

The owner of this particular "vehical" did not get the memo.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/6084857488.html

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
4/26/17 7:18 p.m.

clearly I've been around the military too long when the first thing that came to mind with your title was this:

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
4/26/17 7:58 p.m.

Around here they hold a higher price. Especially if it hasn't been riced out. Most have.

emsalex
emsalex New Reader
4/26/17 10:21 p.m.

These also popped up on my radar, People make silly amounts of power on unopened K20 and k24s.

Elsmere
Elsmere New Reader
4/27/17 12:29 p.m.

They are good cars. They get a bad rap because the type r existed elsewhere and they were part of the first generation of civics with struts. Main things to look out for are front LCA bushings and general maintenance. Lack of modifications are a huge plus and play a big role in the price. My stock 2003 with 125k was $5k last year.

My car

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
10/12/17 1:33 p.m.

Bumping this back up since I just bought an '02 from the original owner.  It was nice to find one totally stock.  Found these sweet Enkeis on craigslist the next day, so I'm feeling pretty good about the universe right now.  It's got some bumps and bruises from living in downtown Chicago, but that's fine for a track toy.

Plan is to do the usual bolt-ons, with the intake manifold from one of the higher end k-series:

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IKorTCEUXOZFD5Ax4YW9zsbH4iTXbn3brMnPtkjcAxLf5xfMnEFYM9e1DuIfbfKp