Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
12/18/12 7:28 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: My ex-wife (rimshot)

I know mine sure as hell didn't....

kylini
kylini New Reader
12/18/12 7:29 a.m.

Regarding LEGO, the new city sets are very good for a non-themed series.

Regarding everything else...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
12/18/12 7:31 a.m.

Pan fried pork chops

doughnuts in a snowy parking lot

AC/DC

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/18/12 7:34 a.m.

Wu-Tang Clan, Drive-By Truckers, Jaguar, the Triumph Spitfire, MB W123, Red Bull

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/18/12 7:37 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
JThw8 wrote: My ex-wife (rimshot)
I know mine sure as hell didn't....

Q. What food will destroy a woman's libido instantly?

A. Wedding cake.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your server.

Oh, and on subject: 510's and early Z cars.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
12/18/12 7:55 a.m.

Honda Motorcycles. boobs Bacon Guns. Sandra Bullock (at least in the figurative sense)

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
12/18/12 8:02 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Q. What food will destroy a woman's libido instantly? A. Wedding cake.

Second time around, it sure didn't....

On topic: Pickup trucks.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
12/18/12 8:32 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Honda Motorcycles.

Wrong thread. Things that used to be good is up a few threads.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
12/18/12 8:38 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote: On topic: Pickup trucks.

No no no, this is the 'never' not the 'always' sucked thread

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/18/12 8:54 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: *snip* doughnuts in a snowy parking lot *snip*

There are many, many people that don't know this.

egoman
egoman New Reader
12/18/12 9:02 a.m.

Sprint car racing and steve kinser. The end!

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/18/12 12:43 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to ZOO: Old skool Legos will NEVER suck. NEVER NEVER

Exactly my point.

To be fair, I haven't looked to buy new Lego (no s please) in about four years -- so I will have to look for the City sets referenced above.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
12/18/12 6:47 p.m.

Beer

Type Q
Type Q Dork
12/18/12 7:02 p.m.

Laguna Seca Raceway!

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
12/18/12 8:30 p.m.

The fact that you can link the newest LEGO to one of the original ones equals never sucking.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
12/18/12 9:31 p.m.
noddaz wrote:

Up until recently, a certain local mall may or may not have had footage in their archives of a 2g panda DSM spinning like a top in their parking lot. I may or may not have been in the car at the time. (whats the statute of limitations on hooning?)

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
12/18/12 10:14 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote: Driving down this road in my hometown: Old Spiral Highway I miss it Edit: The song "Hot Rod Lincoln" was written based on a race up the highway.

Ah, the Lewiston grade. I used to go up/down that road whenever I went down that way without the car sickness prone wife. Good road, definitely doesn't suck. An old barber in Moscow once told me a story that his father or grandfather told him. He said that back in the day before the spiral highway was paved they had to back up the hill to get to the top because their car would starve of fuel and die when at an up angle for that long. I don't remember if the story was a Model T or a Model A, nor do I know if it was just a tall tale or not, but for some reason I remembered him telling me that story one day back in the 90's during a haircut.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
12/18/12 10:41 p.m.

I forgot Lee Marvin.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
12/19/12 7:38 a.m.

UPN

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
12/19/12 10:23 a.m.

The Ferrari F40

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
12/19/12 12:27 p.m.

Dr Pepper.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/19/12 1:10 p.m.
T.J. wrote:
stanger_missle wrote: Driving down this road in my hometown: Old Spiral Highway I miss it Edit: The song "Hot Rod Lincoln" was written based on a race up the highway.
Ah, the Lewiston grade. I used to go up/down that road whenever I went down that way without the car sickness prone wife. Good road, definitely doesn't suck. An old barber in Moscow once told me a story that his father or grandfather told him. He said that back in the day before the spiral highway was paved they had to back up the hill to get to the top because their car would starve of fuel and die when at an up angle for that long. I don't remember if the story was a Model T or a Model A, nor do I know if it was just a tall tale or not, but for some reason I remembered him telling me that story one day back in the 90's during a haircut.

Yes, my shop teacher told us about driving up long grades backwards to keep fuel flowing in some old Fords.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
12/19/12 1:24 p.m.
T.J. wrote:

Fun road- I remember being nervous about a cop showing up when I blasted down in my Alfetta GT. I also remember my brothers Tercel overheating BADLY as we went up carrying our stuff up to Moscow. Ended up busting the T-stat. Which resulted in a very, very cold drive through Montana going home for Christmas.

BTW, I don't know the name of the road, and I only found it once- east of Moscow, somewhere between Troy, Deary, and Kendrick- fresh pavement, mountains, and no other cars on a sunny spring day. That was a blast. I could swear it was not a state numbered road, too... just can't remember where it was (this was 25 years ago).

That never sucked at all.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
12/19/12 1:31 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
noddaz wrote:
Up until recently, a certain local mall may or may not have had footage in their archives of a 2g panda DSM spinning like a top in their parking lot. I may or may not have been in the car at the time. (whats the statute of limitations on hooning?)

http://youtu.be/6kc3o7v3gDg

Like so?

Which brings me to another Thing That Never Sucked: Audi RS models.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nKe4kM0rNKclkP3Yix3oT5iqgptc7DIUMrtDsrJkA1di3QI9DIPUxDoIXyESBORs