1 2
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
7/20/12 12:32 p.m.

So... how much are you asking for the plastic bastard?

Matt B
Matt B Dork
7/20/12 12:39 p.m.
Cotton wrote:
aircooled wrote: Black.... hmmm. Is it true that a person will only ever one one black car?
I currently own 5....I'm a slow learner.

Apparently I'm on the short bus as well. I've owned nothing but black cars for 17 years... with black interiors... in Georgia... sometimes without air conditioning. We currently own 3.

Just shake your head and walk away. There's nothing you can do to save me from my own stupidity.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/20/12 12:40 p.m.

$20K. Add $5k for meticulous maintenance or subtract $5K for excessive hooning.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
7/20/12 12:47 p.m.

I've had two black cars here in Florida - This:

And this:

Plus two dark gray cars as well. My current silver car is much more practical.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
7/20/12 12:49 p.m.

No... I'm serious. I'll give you 2 cars and a bike for it.

vern2point3
vern2point3 New Reader
7/20/12 9:26 p.m.

Oh come one now!!! You know you need to sell it to someone for $2012 with delivery in Florida two days before the Challenge.

How else is anybody going to come up with a super-ringer this year?

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/21/12 12:04 a.m.

In reply to vern2point3:

Sell off the gold chains and chest hair, then you can afford a snowmobile engine a la cheaparal.

B430
B430 Reader
7/21/12 12:58 a.m.

$2013?

rotard
rotard Dork
7/21/12 10:11 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: So... how much are you asking for the plastic bastard?

I've got it listed at $24k but I'd sell it for $21k, which is what I paid. I really just wanted to drive a "super car" for awhile before going back to my old ways. I'm thinking that I want an E30, E36, or E46 next; I've never owned a BMW.

rotard
rotard Dork
7/21/12 10:48 a.m.
mguar wrote: This isn't the place to ask.. Too many of us are low buck guys who can't afford nicer cars.. Two sources.. you need to check Car lots and Ask Corvette club members and subtract a minimum of 10% from their suggestion if you want to actually sell it. Corvettes don't sell that well after the 4th of July and by Labor day, forget it.. They sell best in the spring That's when peak money can be received.. ON the other hand they are another year older at that point so the price needs to be adjusted down.. When I bought mine I went shopping after Halloween.. Dealerships and private parties were desperate to get rid of them rather than deal with them over the winter..

Actually, it's the perfect place to ask. The C5 Z06 fits in perfectly with the magazine's demographic. I'm not trying to sell it on this forum. I'm actually surprised at how much interest I've gotten after only one day, so I must be doing something right. Thanks for your expertise.

Armitage
Armitage Reader
7/22/12 9:12 a.m.

I could maybe use a change in pace. Trade for a track rat FD + cash? Or FD + GVR4 + cash? FD + GVR4 + SV650 + case of beer?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Reader
7/22/12 12:40 p.m.
Armitage wrote: I could maybe use a change in pace. Trade for a track rat FD + cash? Or FD + GVR4 + cash? FD + GVR4 + SV650 + case of beer?

Whoa. I would totally do that trade if I had a Z06!

rotard
rotard Dork
7/22/12 1:01 p.m.
Armitage wrote: I could maybe use a change in pace. Trade for a track rat FD + cash? Or FD + GVR4 + cash? FD + GVR4 + SV650 + case of beer?

Heck send me some details.

Armitage
Armitage Reader
7/23/12 12:32 p.m.

All three of those vehicles with semi-up-to-date parts lists are in my GRM garage for closer inspection. If you are truly interested in one or more I can give you more specific information. Thanks!

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
7/23/12 1:23 p.m.
mguar wrote: This isn't the place to ask.. Too many of us are low buck guys who can't afford nicer cars.. Two sources.. you need to check Car lots and Ask Corvette club members and subtract a minimum of 10% from their suggestion if you want to actually sell it. Corvettes don't sell that well after the 4th of July and by Labor day, forget it.. They sell best in the spring That's when peak money can be received.. ON the other hand they are another year older at that point so the price needs to be adjusted down.. When I bought mine I went shopping after Halloween.. Dealerships and private parties were desperate to get rid of them rather than deal with them over the winter..

ACtually if you check the magazine's reader research, many people that post here and read the magazine aren't driving Yugo's and scraping by on food stamps.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/23/12 1:26 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
ACtually if you check the magazine's reader research, many people that post here and read the magazine aren't driving Yugo's and scraping by on food stamps.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
7/23/12 1:31 p.m.

How'bout a totally built, best-of-everything e36 M3 street/track car? Everything is done, drive it to events, be competitive in NASA TTC, drive it home. Scare the kids when you take 'em for rides.

I've got $ high 20s in it, and have a "real race car" so I've been looking to simplify things.

A Z06 would replace the M3 and the need to get a reliable "car" besides my Tacoma garbage scow I carry my row boat and pull the race car with.

rotard
rotard Dork
7/23/12 6:29 p.m.
Armitage wrote: All three of those vehicles with semi-up-to-date parts lists are in my GRM garage for closer inspection. If you are truly interested in one or more I can give you more specific information. Thanks!

I sent a message, hopefully you check the email address you signed up on this forum with, haha.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RhlSs3a6ZqyuRTRL6PFH5Zpk5mOiXCvfYvpQwfQE8GSTi3xQ6itPtY9EcGOoVn7L