BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/13 11:45 a.m.

Not mine and all that:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/vehicle-marketplace/754493-porsche-fabcar-daytona-prototype-for-sale.html#post10433766

tpwalsh
tpwalsh Reader
5/3/13 12:15 p.m.

I think it'd do ok.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
5/3/13 12:18 p.m.

shakes piggy bank.......nope, not this week

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/3/13 12:33 p.m.

ZOMG teh pr0n

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
5/3/13 12:49 p.m.

No Stereo? No sale.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
5/3/13 12:53 p.m.

Psssshhh. No cup holder either. HowamIgunnadrink 3 lattes on the way to the mall?

Adrian_Thompson
5/3/13 12:56 p.m.
Matt B wrote: Psssshhh. No cup holder either. HowamIgunnadrink 3 lattes on the way to the mall?

This young lady passes them to you once you get there in record time

Adrian_Thompson
5/3/13 12:58 p.m.
Matt B wrote: Psssshhh. No cup holder either. HowamIgunnadrink 3 lattes on the way to the mall?
Matt B
Matt B Dork
5/3/13 1:01 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
This young lady passes them to you once you get there in record time

OK. Sold.

Wait, no price listed.... if-you-gotta-ask-you-can't I assume?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
5/3/13 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Matt B:

$239K

Matt B
Matt B Dork
5/3/13 1:08 p.m.

Well I missed that somehow. Unfortunately it doesn't magically change my bank account.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
5/3/13 1:13 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim:

"This car might make a half-decent track car "

Ya think? Understatement of the year...

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
5/3/13 2:14 p.m.

This car is NOT Street Legal. It is a Fully Factory Supported Race Car Eligible for Vintage/Historic and Modern Racing Series or Track Events Only. It cannot be legally registered or driven on the the street.

there has to be away around that

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
5/3/13 2:16 p.m.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
5/3/13 2:48 p.m.
cutter67 wrote: This car is NOT Street Legal. It is a Fully Factory Supported Race Car Eligible for Vintage/Historic and Modern Racing Series or Track Events Only. It cannot be legally registered or driven on the the street. there has to be away around that

Repaint and call it a kit car?

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
5/3/13 3:09 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
cutter67 wrote: This car is NOT Street Legal. It is a Fully Factory Supported Race Car Eligible for Vintage/Historic and Modern Racing Series or Track Events Only. It cannot be legally registered or driven on the the street. there has to be away around that
Repaint and call it a kit car?

I really wish I was a rich crazy person. Because I'd buy that car, put different livery on it, register it as a kit car, and drive it to car shows. And to the grocery store.

Yes, I wish I was rich and crazy. I'll just have to settle for the latter for now.

Teggsan
Teggsan Reader
5/3/13 11:55 p.m.

steering wheel on wrong side

tpwalsh
tpwalsh Reader
5/4/13 6:39 a.m.
Teggsan wrote: steering wheel on wrong side

Just makes it the most bitchin' mail carrier EVER

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
5/4/13 1:13 p.m.

There is an OBGYN that has brought out a Daytona Prototype to NASA events just recently. It is a wicked fast car and he does go pretty well in Time Trials. I don't much care for dealing with the car though as it has to be push started, won't fit in HPDE/Club racing grid set ups and has no means for speaking to the driver other than his radio. It's really not practical as a Track day car but maybe I am just jealous..... Maybe.

The0retical
The0retical Reader
5/4/13 3:39 p.m.

Do you really think the police would chase you down the highway if you drove by in that?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OFTCKS2RIvctECKAFEwWMeWajOg37ajsugAOuOvJa1hQzvlLukyUOM2a3gtuO5uC