foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
1/29/13 8:07 p.m.

I have the free version, and darn if I can find the readiness test function. Do any of you know where it hides?

How worthy is the paid upgrade?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/29/13 8:25 p.m.

iOS or Android?

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/13 12:44 a.m.

I thought it was well worth $5 to tip the developers for making my life so easy...

Crap, I don't have it talking to a vehicle, so it's a little hard to say because I haven't used it in a while...

I would've guessed it was under checking for fault codes, and that it would tell you there if there was an incomplete check...

Sorry I can't recall more clearly. I know I must've used that function because I spent a morning driving around after doing the O2 sensors on my van and resetting the codes and waiting for torque to tell me everything was clear again so I could go back for DEQ testing...

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
1/30/13 7:38 a.m.

Android version.

Found it, finally. It's buried in the display choices for the real time data.

I'm not opposed to buying the full up version, just not really sure what the full version has over the light.

EvanR
EvanR HalfDork
1/30/13 7:57 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: I'm not opposed to buying the full up version, just not really sure what the full version has over the light.

Rather than use my cell phone for Torque, I bought an old, deactivated Samsung Galaxy. It is semi-permanently mounted in my car, and does nothing but run Torque. For $28, it frees my phone up to be a phone :)

The interesting side effect is that, because the Samsung has no cell/data service, Torque can't ever download ads! So even on the free version, I never see an ad.

I would pay the $5 if the developer had a download available for sideloading.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/30/13 7:59 a.m.

I paid the $5, well worth it. I have no idea what the "readiness testing" function is, let alone where it is.

mancha
mancha New Reader
1/30/13 8:40 a.m.

It should be one of the screens you can add to one of your windows, but it might be a paid version only function. I used that function quite a bit when trying to get one of my old cars to pass inspection. VERY useful. It's well worth the money for the full version. Hey Evan, you should still be able to connect your phone to WIFI and purchase the full version through google play. I've thought about doing exactly what you did since I now have an iPhone, but still have the android dongle.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/13 9:15 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: I'm not opposed to buying the full up version, just not really sure what the full version has over the light.

I actually don't know, I never used the free version.

I tried to edit the start of my earlier response so it sounded less snotty right after I posted it, but the GRM site was having those 502 Bad Gateway issues. I didn't mean it to sound so "everybody ought to just give them money". I just meant that the app seemed to answer my needs so completely and so neatly for so little that I genuinely did just want to give them my $5 in hopes it would encourage them to maintain the application.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/30/13 9:58 a.m.

Haven't had to use it in a while, but yes, its worth the $5 top developers.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
1/30/13 10:26 a.m.

Huh, I do have the paid version.

I thought I had done that, but it looked like I hadn't. Went to buy it, found I already had.

Will wonders never cease?

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
1/30/13 10:33 a.m.
turboswede wrote: iOS or Android?

Android only. iOS has about a dozen other available obd2 apps, but nothing stands out as highly recommended as Torque.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/30/13 10:57 a.m.

A lot of TDI guys are using it to view boost and coolant temp as well since some of the newer cars don't come with any gauges.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pg5mwJV9eIysieWtXUKcRRalqi56bhlSQATZMsRuMWgaGsicevHXucX4TRetwXnJ