1 2
turtl631
turtl631 HalfDork
1/29/21 2:03 p.m.

Not me. Besides, heating elements and switches can only add a few pounds at most. I would delete AC from a street-driven track car and add seat heaters to fixed bucket seats. I have poor circulation, drive at all hours because of my work and live where it's cold, I'm spoiled and want touch points heated. Canada got it!

At any rate these cars still seem really cool and I'm excited to drive one.  Ultimately I think I am more likely to go for something all-wheel drive next like a focus RS or next-gen STI, but simpler and lighter has some appeal.

goingnowherefast
goingnowherefast GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/29/21 5:15 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to turtl631 :

and then we'd be complaining because its "so heavy!"

Haha well considering it would add like ~30 lbs total, and the DCT alone literally adds 80 lbs, I think we'd get over it pretty quick ;) 

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
1/30/21 2:36 p.m.

I'm not an SUV guy but the Kona N would work for what I need for work and still have a little fun with, that's if it really comes as advertised and I can wait long enough to get one. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
2/1/21 11:01 a.m.
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

I'd be morbidly curious to see how big a financial bath you'd take in getting rid of a 1 year old car.  Betting on about a 15% hit.

I tend to pay things down fast so who knows if I'll be upside down or not. I'm willing to pay a few more bucks to have something exciting to drive on my daily commute. I'm not an appliance person and that's what the new Si feels like. Again a great car, the driving excitement is just not there. 

The CTR was a dream car of mine and I would totally throw that into the mix; but, this Si has ruined that for me. I feel like the CTR would just be a slightly faster version of this. The next closest thing on the list that people are raving about - Veloster N. I enjoy the quirky looks of it, the interior seems pretty old school Hyundai so that's unfortunate; but, if it is as smile inducing as people say it is, I'd be happier. 

I have decided to open up my scope and budget on a new DD. I checked out the new Supra, new M3, M2, Camaro SS, and Shelby this weekend. The race track is not the focus, the daily drivability is, my kids aren't out here with me so I don't need four doors and if they are I have the Sequoia. Another wild thought process of mine was to just get rid of the Civic Si and my 2001 Sequoia and just get a Ram TRX or a Raptor for a DD since I already have an S2000 and an E36 M3 in the garage for fun cars. 

turtl631
turtl631 HalfDork
2/1/21 2:01 p.m.

Thoughts on the stuff you looked at over the weekend?  All bigger and faster.  I don't how much more fun though.  

sibanez
sibanez New Reader
2/1/21 2:41 p.m.

I miss my 2017 SI. Replaced it with a 128i and TSX wagon, and now I realize the SI was better than both at most things. 

I'm looking for another once prices come down a bit. 

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/1/21 3:22 p.m.
and just get a Ram TRX or a Raptor for a DD since I already have an S2000 and an E36 M3 in the garage for fun cars. 

Just my opinion, but owning a good truck opens up a world of other car-guy possibilities.  And unless you commute into a big city they make excellent DD's. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
2/1/21 4:50 p.m.

You've got the fun cars covered I think. I'd get the TRX if I could swing that.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/5/21 10:12 a.m.

Did someone mention Veloster v Civic?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UkE6Lx969EWEk2K2HaH7BPemlOzqGG0oEE2cqXTPo6ppj0eGrdoGIonkGMKq28Nj