brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/15/24 9:28 p.m.

I'm in the market to replace my Cherokee and a GX550 Overtrail+ seems the most likely candidate. I've inquired at a few dealers but every time I find a dealer advertising the spec I want to buy (Overtrail +, green, at MSRP) it turns out that A) the vehicles doesn't exist and B) when it is built it will still be in transit for some months and C) they all want to magically charge tens of thousands of dollars over the price they're advertising on their webpage.

On top of this, a shocking number of Lexus salespeople fail to have a comprehensive grasp on the English language and can't even be arsed to spell-check their emails. That's a turnoff.

Does anyone have a Lexus Guy or Lexus Gal who isn't a dingus and might help me locate the right vehicle?

I do understand that this is an in-demand vehicle and I very well may not get it this year. That's fine, but I'm also a no-BS kind of guy and would like to deal with a person who's honest and reasonable up front; to date, that hasn't been the case of any of the Lexus reps to whom I've spoken. 

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
10/16/24 4:49 a.m.

I know a guy in Southern California, he's a manager at a Lexus dealership. He's also a car enthusiast with some awesome cars too lol. I'll ask him if they're selling at "msrp" or doing "market adjustments".

To note: 

If you're looking at trying to buy at "base msrp", then good luck. Lexus doesn't really send base Overtrail+ with zero options to dealers, they're almost all sent with options. So, what you're getting is the msrp + options. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
10/16/24 7:06 a.m.

Maybe a full option LC, 97% of a GX, then rebadge it.

Sorry, not helpful.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/16/24 10:05 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

There are surprisingly not a ton of options on the OT+ but most of them are fine with me. I'd definitely like the rock sliders and roof rack, as well as keeping the moonroof. The fancy sound system is unnecessary but I wouldn't mind it. If you wouldn't mind making an introduction I'd be happy to talk to your acquaintance! I had a frustrating experience with Keyes Lexus already and don't enjoy dealing with mealy-mouthed and/or dishonest salespeople.

akylekoz:

Honestly, I'd rather go LC. That presents a better "image" for job sites. However, my enclosed trailer is heavy -- about 3700lb -- and when I load it with anything it will at the very least be right at the limit of the LC's towing capacity, whereas the GX pulls almost 9100lb and has plenty of headroom for capacity. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GQTlVzh39g9IxcMKdSZoo4hRzUH1V9RUoRFawuF5Usw8I7rbVFBiXQkI1tKEspLp