Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/2/09 10:42 a.m.

I'll be there! FM will also be there with an LS-powered Miata and a few other cars. $275 for one day, $500 for the weekend, $35 gets you parade laps as well as a few other things, hanging around the pits is free. It's open to Miatas and variants (Miata-powered Locosts, for example) only but that's not a big restriction with this crowd :)

MiatasAtMRLS.com

Official press release: Miatas at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (Miatas at MRLS) ** Ever since its introduction nearly 20 years ago, the Miata has been at home on the track, winning hundreds of races. It's equally at home on great roads, like every good sports car. And since 2001, Mazda has been the sponsor of the world-class Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. So what better way to wish the Miata happy birthday than a two-day event on a famous track, in a region known for some of the most scenic roads in the country?

On March 21 and 22nd, Miatas from all over the US will be attending Miatas at MRLS for one big birthday party. The main focus is a two-day track event on one of the world's top tracks. Everyone's welcome from novice to expert. Instructors will be on hand for anyone who wants some tuition. Two full days of driving one of the best tracks in the world – just picture yourself diving down the Corkscrew, following in the tire tracks of racing legends.

But it's more than just a track weekend. The pits will be full of vendors, showing off everything from the latest products for the NC to their hottest show cars. If you ask nicely, you might even get to go for a ride! There are also going to be show specials for participants. Various competition Miatas will be on hand along with their drivers to show what the car can do. There will be parade laps available for those who want to take a slightly less frantic look at the track. On Saturday afternoon there will be a big group photo of all the participating Miatas on the front straight of the track. Tours of the stunning Monterey penninsula will also be available for a more relaxed pace and chance to check out one of the most beautiful spots in the US.

Saturday night is a big banquet, giving everyone the perfect opportunity for bench racing and general tall tales. The plan is to make it fun, not full of boring speeches – but there will be a few Miata celebrities on hand, including Tom Matano as Grand Marshal. There's also going to be a book signing by Miata expert Keith Tanner. A legendary track, cool cars, neat toys, fun people, great drives and good food – there's no better way to celebrate 20 years of the world's most popular sports car than to drive it as it's meant to be driven.

Prices range from free for spectators to $500 for a full weekend of track time. For all the information, hotel details, a timetable, safety requirements and registration call 408-439-7434, email info@MiatasAtMRLS.com or check out MiatasAtMRLS.com There's a limit of 100 cars on the track and the banquet hall is only so big, so don't delay!

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/2/09 1:15 p.m.

Damn. If that isn't an incentive to get mine running, I don't know what is!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/2/09 1:34 p.m.
kreb wrote: Damn. If that isn't an incentive to get mine running, I don't know what is!

What...no gas?

davidjs
davidjs New Reader
1/2/09 1:56 p.m.
Keith wrote: There's also going to be a book signing by Miata expert Keith Tanner.

Huh, I think I've heard of this guy...

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 New Reader
1/2/09 6:16 p.m.

If I could bring my FD RX7, I'd be there in a flash.

bigtoed
bigtoed New Reader
1/2/09 11:35 p.m.

Here is the offer, I will transport anyones mode of transportation from my house to Laguna just to be a spectator. I have a gmc crew cab dually diesel with a car trailer. I am willing to pay for fuel as long as it is on my route. (Ok here is the catch, I live 15 mi from the track). I may be forced to borrow a little car thingey to attend.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9aaY0OixGj7l2lbPPV8WFkuta80FNnFCDi8QxFoEVpyGERa4cVHXq0zuoyy0za7a