1 2
oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
5/24/13 5:37 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
bravenrace wrote: Cobra and early '62 GTO.
I *could* assume you meant a 64 GTO (the first year), but since since you said early 62 like you meant it, I'm going to instead assume that you meant 421SD Catalina, because that would be the *coolest* berking chase car!!! Yes, the bad guys in this. In black.

and it MUST have the aluminum exhaust manifolds!!!

Edit - Rats, the aluminum exhaust manifolds began in 63

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/24/13 6:47 p.m.
Javelin wrote: I *could* assume you meant a 64 GTO (the first year), but since since you said early 62 like you meant it, I'm going to instead assume that you meant 421SD Catalina, because that would be the *coolest* berking chase car!!! Yes, the bad guys in this. In black.

Bad guys in black? I don't know about the bullitt jump, or cornering, but on the open road I'd go with this. It just looks MEAN

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/13 6:54 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: new Camaro Z/28 is the one you are thinking of right?

Nope, that's an LS7. I was thinking of the normal V8 Camaro. The one that normal guys could buy. And the Mustang GT, not the GT500 or whatever the latest monster is.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
5/24/13 7:59 p.m.

Bad guys car had gotta be a blacked our Charger, those things are mean but commonplace.

Good guys car has gotta be a Crown Vic, cause on the movies they can keep up with anything ever made and have done for the past 20 years.

forzav12
forzav12 HalfDork
5/24/13 8:36 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
I *could* assume you meant a 64 GTO (the first year), but since since you said early 62 like you meant it, I'm going to instead assume that you meant 421SD Catalina, because that would be the *coolest* berking chase car!!! Yes, the bad guys in this. In black.

uh, my guess is that he meant the original GTO-you know, the Ferrari 250 GTO.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/24/13 8:39 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Nope, that's an LS7. I was thinking of the normal V8 Camaro. The one that normal guys could buy. And the Mustang GT, not the GT500 or whatever the latest monster is.

Ah, ok. 1LE then. SS with upgraded suspension.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
5/24/13 8:42 p.m.

Something sporty with suspension travel, and the exhaust note has to sound amazing bouncing off of building facades.

DB5

vs.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
5/24/13 10:19 p.m.

Wait... is this supposed to be in San Francisco? Then it would obviosly be Prius vs Forester.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
5/24/13 10:20 p.m.

If it is in San Fran, the chase vehicle has to be a Raptor. Better yet, a real Baja truck.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
5/25/13 5:55 a.m.

Call the Self Preservation Society.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/25/13 5:56 a.m.

San Francisco?

Good guy: Tesla S

Baddies: ~2008 Mustang

This should be obvious. Sheek new American car vs Police car. Yes the mustang has switched places, but it has in real life as well.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/13 10:56 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote:
Ah, ok. 1LE then. SS with upgraded suspension.

I think the idea with Bullitt is that both cars were ones that working stiffs could own. At least, the Mustang belonged to a detective. Thus the reasoning that the more attainable versions would be the logical one to me. Naturally, in the modern version, you'd put Bullitt in a green Mustang again and he can chase the Camaro/Dodge/WRX/Evo. I'd much rather see the rally weapons myself.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
5/25/13 11:08 a.m.

these would still make me grin

rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
5/25/13 12:46 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: these would still make me grin

This one gets my vote. Some how throw in the Mini's from the Italian Job (original version) and you have it.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast New Reader
5/25/13 1:49 p.m.

Didnt we kinda get the Camaro vs. Mustang in Transformers? Bonus points for fist fighting too!In reply to Keith Tanner:

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
5/25/13 2:39 p.m.
Javelin wrote:

Wrong. You "could" assume that I meant Ferrari GTO. But you didn't.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
5/25/13 5:27 p.m.

Bad guy :SRT8

Good guy

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/13 9:24 p.m.

In reply to forzav12:

No, that would be way too obvious. Bravenrace clearly meant the 421SD Catalina.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
5/26/13 9:09 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Yeah,Even though I owned a '64 GTO, I called a Catalina a GTO because you couldn't possibly be wrong.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/13 9:40 a.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

You're not getting it.

Flight Service
Flight Service UltimaDork
5/26/13 9:51 a.m.

I will give the american muscle a slight twist.

2013 SRT8 300C black for the baddie

2013 Mustang GT in white for the good guy.

Performance is very similar with a slight advantage to the stang and the 300C goes to the Gangster look and ostentatious-ness that is associated with modern day bad guys.
Pays homage to Spaghetti Westerns at the same time with the black and white color choices.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
5/26/13 3:31 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to bravenrace: You're not getting it.

Oh, I got it, but you missed the

Reggie Jordan
Reggie Jordan Circulation Director
5/28/13 8:51 a.m.

Thoughtful ideas, all!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pVALfF93uI9XimsIWN57rtjzftLOg4Hhyx8WdKLoZruVp4BSZwfQZNZvWqWziNyq