David S. Wallens said:

“does not run or drive atm.”

That's not unique.cheeky

Ha, very true. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
5/6/24 6:16 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

That roadster is interesting , was it homemade?

stroker
stroker PowerDork
5/7/24 5:16 p.m.
stroker
stroker PowerDork
5/7/24 11:00 p.m.

Thoughts?  NMNA.  Whaddya think it's worth?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/9/24 10:03 a.m.
californiamilleghia said:

In reply to David S. Wallens :

That roadster is interesting , was it homemade?

Maybe? I just know what’s in the ad. Somewhere here should turn it into a $2000 Challenge car. :) 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
5/10/24 2:29 p.m.

THIS strikes me as a potential deal.  NMNA

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/24 5:40 p.m.
rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/20/24 11:36 p.m.
stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/21/24 12:01 a.m.

In reply to rdcyclist :

That looks like it may be a Manx, but more likely it's one of the many copies.  Either way, $50 sounds like a deal.

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
5/21/24 6:09 a.m.

Listed at $2K now.

David S. Wallens
5/21/24 10:06 a.m.

I no longer even have to search FB Marketplace for forlorn kit cars. It just knows.

How about a Fiero-based 1992 Lamborghini replica?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
5/21/24 10:37 a.m.
kb58 said:

Regarding the "917", I'm highly skeptical when anyone talks of joining two engines together. The issue is harmonic resonances in the crankshaft and manufacturers spend big bucks ensuring it's not an issue. Taking a balancer off one engine and assuming the one remaining on the other will handle both is highly optimistic. Just the fact that it's so much further away likely indicates trouble in the future. Regarding the transaxle, yeah that's always the problem, finding one that can handle whatever's thrown at it. Proper ones are so expensive that it keeps most of us from building our mid-engine dream cars. Using a small one is death by a thousand cuts, whereas you know that you can't ever really get on it for fear of grenading the unit.

A flat six, like inline sixes, has perfect prinary and secondary balance.

Vibration is probably less an issue than youd think.  Put the damper between the engines and send it.

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
5/21/24 12:41 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/204325252685001/

1969 Avenger Kit Car in New Mexico for $3200

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
5/22/24 11:43 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/23/24 9:39 a.m.
RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
5/23/24 9:55 a.m.

Cobra Daytona Body

This one popped up locally, if I had the space and hadn't spent a wack of fun money for a trip later this year, I'd be all over it.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
5/23/24 11:17 a.m.
RoddyMac17 said:

Cobra Daytona Body

This one popped up locally, if I had the space and hadn't spent a wack of fun money for a trip later this year, I'd be all over it.

That's a private group you need to join in order to see the ad.  Any chance you can get a screen capture and post it?

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
5/23/24 11:26 a.m.

jmc14
jmc14 HalfDork
5/23/24 2:03 p.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

This looks good:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/996189268787589

Thank you :)

This is a car that my buddies and I created in the late 90's.  It has a dedicated space frame.  We sold the body and frame  kit back then for $14900.00.  With suspension, wheels, headers and more this is a great deal. (If still available)  We had Tubular Automotive fabricate the beautiful headers.  And, we had Shell Valley lay up the body from our molds.  One of my buddies passed last year.  I've had my health issues and am having quadruple heart by pass surgery this June 19.  I'm not going to be building anything for awhile.

I have the molds, a body, a frame and a frame jig, and header jigs (for both SBC and LS).  I'm putting them up for sale.  10K

John

bigbellybanks@gmail.com

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
5/23/24 2:55 p.m.
jmc14 said:
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

This looks good:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/996189268787589

Thank you :)

This is a car that my buddies and I created in the late 90's.  It has a dedicated space frame.  We sold the body and frame  kit back then for $14900.00.  With suspension, wheels, headers and more this is a great deal. (If still available)  We had Tubular Automotive fabricate the beautiful headers.  And, we had Shell Valley lay up the body from our molds.  One of my buddies passed last year.  I've had my health issues and am having quadruple heart by pass surgery this June 19.  I'm not going to be building anything for awhile.

I have the molds, a body, a frame and a frame jig, and header jigs (for both SBC and LS).  I'm putting them up for sale.  10K

John

bigbellybanks@gmail.com

Hi Mr Chesnut. I already bought one set of molds from you and it's all I can do to keep from picking up the phone and calling you about this one! That's a killer deal that you are offering. Good luck with your medical issues!

David S. Wallens
5/24/24 11:45 a.m.

Just opened FB Marketplace. My current top row:

David S. Wallens
5/24/24 11:48 a.m.

And the link to the convertible police car because it has this crew all over it.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
5/24/24 12:01 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

And the link to the convertible police car because it has this crew all over it.

No cowl shake on that one! wink

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
5/24/24 2:43 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Being a Panther guy, not the cop car I was expecting!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/31/24 7:41 a.m.

Laser 917.  $3k.

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SuXM0GOaUSGBu4tVRJnDz7iV3ziJ4QvAsAo7P3w2c3sdmLpgrevvg5jQMaHkdElw