914Driver SuperDork
9/23/09 6:33 a.m.
MitchellC wrote:

If Darth Vader had a boat....

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
9/23/09 6:36 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote:
jrw1621 wrote: Other items have the complete opposite effect.
Are you kidding? I'd rock that in a hearbeat.

Like train wreck, I sort of feel cheated for not seeing the whole thing. So, what is your theory? What does the front end look like?
My guess is something squared off and by process of elimination my guess is something from the Mopar collection.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/09 6:39 a.m.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/09 7:11 a.m.

For some reason I am liking this.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/23/09 8:50 a.m.
John Brown wrote:

We understand each other.

cwh
cwh Dork
9/23/09 9:02 a.m.

Put that boat in the water around here and you will very quickly be greeted by Customs, Coast Guard, DEA, Broward Sherrif, and news crews waiting for blood. It's fun watching them lurk at the inlets waiting for suspicious boats. Pirates in reverse.

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/23/09 9:14 a.m.

Whenever I see one of these done up race car style I like them more and more.

WilD
WilD Reader
9/23/09 9:22 a.m.
81gtv6 wrote: Whenever I see one of these done up race car style I like them more and more.

I concur, great looking cars. Holy cow that sale really has something for everyone. There are a lot of cars pictured that I'd love to take home for the right price.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro HalfDork
9/23/09 9:31 a.m.
John Brown wrote:

It's a 2009 Herkimer Battle Jitney!

Shawn

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/09 9:44 a.m.
MostExaltedPotentate wrote: When I click on the link posted, all I get are the photos, where is the information about where and when the auction will be held? Denver, NC

that's too close for comfort....

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/23/09 10:05 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: Tim Suddard...paging Tim Suddard...

Argh... we will be having one of these soon. How do I know? Well, not only does the wife always know, but he's not being too subtle about it. Every conversation includes an opportunity for him to segue into Edsel wagons: "What do you want for dinner, Tim?" Tim: "You know what would be good? An EDSEL WAGON!"

Margie

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/23/09 10:19 a.m.

There's a pretty nice looking Edsel for sale up the street from me. Not a wagon, though.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/09 4:11 p.m.

i wanna play hookey tomorrow just to go check this place out. but i won't, because they've got a '63 Corvair Rampside pickup that is significantly more solid than the '64 Greenbrier that I had 25 years ago...

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition New Reader
9/23/09 4:17 p.m.

How convenient! Get your LeMons car, your trailer, AND your tow vehicle all in one place!

andrave
andrave Reader
9/23/09 4:20 p.m.

I hesitate to say this because I don't think it would be good for anyone to actually show up, but someone needs to get a 15 passenger van and come down the east coast. I'm sure you'd pick up enough GRM'rs on the way down to cover the cost of gas.

I just know that I wouldn't be happy unless I left with something. Even if I promised myself I was just going to look... too many basket case looking vehicles that will likely go for affordable prices.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
9/23/09 4:33 p.m.

nice tow job

Will load mk 2 jag on back

rmarkc
rmarkc Reader
9/23/09 8:51 p.m.

Whew...

Makes me glad I'm extra poor at the moment...because I kinda passed by Denver, NC twice today. It ain't too far.

But my want for hot water and an over-abundance of project cars makes it easy to look the other way from all the potential.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/23/09 9:05 p.m.

I'll take one of each please...

Pretty please with sugar on top...

How about just one...

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/24/09 8:49 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: nice tow job Will load mk 2 jag on back

I'd rather use this for the hauler. Not sure if it tilts but WAY cool style points.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous New Reader
9/24/09 9:09 a.m.

Here's a partial shot of the front of everyone's favorite red continental kitted Kustom. It looks like it started life as a Corvette.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous New Reader
9/24/09 9:41 a.m.

This car is AWESOME! A stretched Lincoln Versailles. I'll bet they needed to stretch the hood to fit the V12 under there.

kpm
kpm New Reader
9/24/09 10:00 a.m.

MINE !!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
9/24/09 11:08 a.m.

Dammit, I only see about 40 things I would love to have. And this is only about 1 hour up the road. Good thing I have to go to the stupid ballgame this weekend.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
9/25/09 3:03 a.m.
lewbud wrote: That maroon Vette thingy is coooool. Dibs on the Bricklin GT and the Avanti. If the Megamillions comes in for me this weekend I'll take the whole lot. Literally, I'd just buy the land and the cars and move there. That guy's got way too many cool cars.

Actuallly, the reason I'm so jealous of Karl La Follette is because he seems to be someone who has a place like that..

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
9/28/09 2:46 p.m.

Did anyone go to this? I really really wanted to and had to work real hard not to hop in the truck with trailer in tow for the 7 hour drive. I'm sure I'll regret not going. I wish I could find the sale report to see what some of the stuff I was interested in went for.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M2OVKZVh6tReakxbRN3lelypyxf7kRMa2S5iLmzOpuObpEKClcg4HYrYo2rL25LX