1 2
Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
6/29/11 8:49 p.m.

Your posts indicate you're somewhat new to autox? These symptoms also occur from over-driving. Brake before you start to turn. In slow , out fast.

miatame
miatame HalfDork
6/30/11 9:31 a.m.

Yeah just looks like you cooked the outside surface. Too much heat on a small contact patch.

MrMook
MrMook New Reader
6/30/11 9:58 a.m.
Ian F wrote: Your posts indicate you're somewhat new to autox? These symptoms also occur from over-driving. Brake before you start to turn. In slow , out fast.

Yeah, I'm an enthusiastic noob. I did 3 events a few years ago when I lived in VT, and this was my first event since moving to NYC nearly 3 years ago.

I did notice that I was rarely and barely using my brakes. The course seemed open enough that I could get through by just modulating the throttle, but that sounds much too simple. I definitely wasn't taking advantage of weight transfer by braking and accelerating in the right spots. I probably lost a lot of traction as a result, and slid the tires more than necessary. Next time I'll get a ride-along with someone who knows what they're doing.

I really wish I could take the Evolution driving class they're offering this weekend, but I'm over-budget, and have to work that day anyway. A driving class is my next "mod" though. That's for sure.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EMQ90SJoOgeXNrFjeN8JMXdbWuWn2P0Is0VCxkJuXxgCH44fqsjY2NvHXaUnrej2