1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
10/29/15 8:54 p.m.

Race In Paradise Sir. We never meet eye to eye but as many have said I feel as if we had.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/15 8:57 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: I was going back through some of his threads and found this. :~/ Not the happiest of moments but hey... https://www.youtube.com/embed/YMjDbTVLNKQ

I would be willing to bet his first words after taking off the helmet were, "That'll buff out."

Going fast was in his blood. A dinged car was just a chance to make it faster.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
10/29/15 8:59 p.m.

Aw Berkley !! Never met him, just what he posted here, but he was part of the core of this forum. My condolences.

Morbid
Morbid HalfDork
10/29/15 9:04 p.m.

In tears myself. Sending our thoughts to his loved ones.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/15 9:05 p.m.

Thanks for letting us know. I was really hoping he was getting better.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
10/29/15 9:06 p.m.

Crap. This cements my decision to attend the Challenge. I need to shake the real hands of the people I consider friends here.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
10/29/15 9:06 p.m.

Three pages of us so far. That's a tribute. And all of us sending condolences and sympathy to the Curmudgeonling and his other loved ones. RIP, Sir.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/29/15 9:09 p.m.

I didn't know him but I've read many of his post. RIP.

redzcstandardhatch
redzcstandardhatch Reader
10/29/15 9:13 p.m.

bums me way way out.. breiefy met him in real life, saw him daily on another forum in E-life. always one of the good ones. RIP buddy.... I hate it when this happens.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
10/29/15 9:14 p.m.

Somehow from his posts I thought he was going to beat cancer. I looked forward to his posts.

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
10/29/15 9:15 p.m.

I have no words. My best to the family. Please let us know if we can help in any way or if we can make a donation in his honor.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
10/29/15 9:15 p.m.

Ugh, I feel sick to my stomach at the news of this. He was truly an integral part of this community. God speed Curmudgeon.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
10/29/15 9:18 p.m.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/29/15 9:18 p.m.

Damn. One of those people I only knew in the GRM Forum context, but he was such a central character. My condolences to all those who knew him.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/29/15 9:21 p.m.

he was one of many to reach out to me off of the boards when I received my diagnosis. He embodied the essence of whether or not you survive cancer doesn't define whether or not you beat it, but how you choose to live defines whether you beat it. Godspeed buddy.

Does anyone know if there's a fund to donate to for his family or for a charity in his name?

Toyman01
10/29/15 9:24 p.m.
Hal wrote: Somehow from his posts I thought he was going to beat cancer. I looked forward to his posts.

I don't know if beat was the right term, but they were hoping and expecting a holding action. He had finished his chemo and radiation and things were looking decent. This has caught a lot of his friends and family off guard, including me.

Toyman01
10/29/15 9:26 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift:

There isn't a lot of info out right now. All I got was a text from his brother, who was going through his phone trying to get the word out to his friends. More information should be coming out in the next day or so and I will pass it on here.

Edit: Regardless of the outcome, he definitely beat cancer. It never did get the best of him. It never defined who he was, even on the worst days. He kept building cars and racing, and always with a laugh and a smile.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
10/29/15 9:29 p.m.

One of the few forum folks I actually met in person, and a great guy. This stinks.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/29/15 9:32 p.m.

I am so shocked to read this, I too thought things were looking up for him.

RIP Mike. I really wish I had gotten to meet you. Be sure to give serious cat a pat from me.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
10/29/15 9:57 p.m.

So bummed. Mike was such a good dude. Please keep us in the loop as arrangements are made.

Damn onions...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
10/29/15 10:09 p.m.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/29/15 10:12 p.m.

Man, That really took the wind out of my sails.

RIP Mike. I will really miss you.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
10/29/15 10:14 p.m.

That is a shock.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
10/29/15 10:21 p.m.

I've been putting it off but, now I definitely have to watch Dr. Strangelove.

Godspeed, forum friend.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/15 10:23 p.m.

we lost something special here in GRM. I never met him in person either, but I will still miss him

1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mizoru0Ly2NIY43hEg7312nyAFoCPqLZVCb1H3ql1lMUKkgGaRpWVulWESTrkg5p