1 2
CanadianTercel
CanadianTercel New Reader
11/21/10 8:26 p.m.

Picked these up, turns out they're 4x108mm, oops! Last time i buy wheels I don't know without mounting them first. hehe.

These suckers are brand new, but i have no clue what they are, not a single stamp or sticker on them to indicate! Now I thought they might be a western wheel..

Thanks boys..

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk HalfDork
11/21/10 8:32 p.m.

Did you get the center caps/plates that bolt on the front,too? That might help indentify them. i'm thinking they could be EXIMs.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
11/21/10 8:35 p.m.

Don't know what brand they are, but I like 'em.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/21/10 8:37 p.m.

Sounds like you need to buy a car to fit them now

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/21/10 8:43 p.m.

Doesn't the new Fiesta/Mazda 2 have that bolt pattern? I'd like to see those wheels on one of the bright green cars!

todd900ss
todd900ss New Reader
11/21/10 8:52 p.m.

Check over at wheel whores.

http://www.wheel-whores.com/

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk HalfDork
11/21/10 8:54 p.m.

They're only 6x14. I don't think they would look right on a Fiesta/Mazda2. They come with 16s standard or optional 17s, at least on the Fiesta.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
11/21/10 11:09 p.m.

Do you mean new as in, "these wheels are brand-new," or that "these are so new-looking for such old wheels?" These guys might be able to help:

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

The only issue is that your wheels may be replicas/knock-offs of old-school JDM or BBS mesh wheels instead of the genuine article. The JNC guys might be able to tell you which original JDM wheel those most resemble. After about an hour of researching old-school JDM wheels and popular knock-off companies, I can't find an exact match.

CanadianTercel
11/22/10 5:59 a.m.

No, I mean they are new. There is still a price sticker on them and no signs of tires been mounted on them!!

AquaHusky
AquaHusky New Reader
11/22/10 6:39 a.m.

Aren't 80's Mustangs a 4x108mm spread?

mndsm
mndsm Dork
11/22/10 8:21 a.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: They're only 6x14. I don't think they would look right on a Fiesta/Mazda2. They come with 16s standard or optional 17s, at least on the Fiesta.

Are you sure? I was next to a Mazda2 with the alloys, and those things were pretty dinky compared to the 17" wheels on my ms3. I suppose I could google it, but I'm feeling lazy.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/22/10 8:26 a.m.

4x108 is also a fairly popular European Ford PCD.

triumph5
triumph5 HalfDork
11/22/10 8:58 a.m.

Isn't the center valve stem placement a clue to narrow down the manufacturer? I've never noticed any wheel with such placement.

CanadianTercel
11/22/10 9:10 a.m.

That is actually a boss to thread in a center cap which I don't have :(

Anyone think redrilling them for street use is an ok idea? They are a solid hub face wheel after all..

mndsm
mndsm Dork
11/22/10 9:12 a.m.

On later thinking, those almost look like repro GTI/Rabbit wheels. I could (and probably am) be wrong, but that's what they seem to be.

triumph5
triumph5 HalfDork
11/22/10 9:24 a.m.
CanadianTercel wrote: That is actually a boss to thread in a center cap which I don't have :( Anyone think redrilling them for street use is an ok idea? They are a solid hub face wheel after all..

Feeling stupid. It's on the mounting face........see what two hours of sleep does.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
11/22/10 9:53 a.m.
CanadianTercel wrote: No, I mean they are new. There is still a price sticker on them and no signs of tires been mounted on them!!

The wheel weights are a pretty good sign there was at least one tire on there at some point.

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
11/22/10 9:56 a.m.

I don't know but it makes me wish I still had my 98 Accent. 8)

bradyzq
bradyzq Dork
11/22/10 10:31 a.m.

5 cylinder non-turbo quattro as well as later 5 cylinder non-turbo non-quattro Audis came in 4x108. I think some Saabs did too.

What's the offset?

mtn
mtn SuperDork
11/22/10 10:35 a.m.
mndsm wrote: On later thinking, those almost look like repro GTI/Rabbit wheels. I could (and probably am) be wrong, but that's what they seem to be.

I think those would have been 4X100

CanadianTercel
11/22/10 11:11 a.m.

Yes the weights do indicate tires were on them but probably never used..

Accents are 4x114.3mm bro, and Rabbits are 4x100 iirc..

Who thinks I should redrill them.. lol

iceracer
iceracer Dork
11/22/10 11:13 a.m.

My Fiesta has 15" wheels

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
11/22/10 1:45 p.m.

4x108 is 4-lug Mustang... and those would look pretty bitchin' on the right foxbody if they weren't so small.

SgtRauksauff
SgtRauksauff None
11/22/10 2:12 p.m.
CanadianTercel wrote: No, I mean they are new. There is still a price sticker on them and no signs of tires been mounted on them!!

Like was mentioned, the wheel weight is a sign that something's been mounted. As is the valve stem, since most new wheels don't come with them.

Nice looking, though!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
11/22/10 2:14 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: 4x108 is 4-lug Mustang... and those would look pretty bitchin' on the right foxbody if they weren't so small.

Now that you mention it, they remind me of the wheels on a Mustang II Ghia:

Although I'm pretty sure they were a one piece wheel (and probably 13", too.)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Xik4ak8cOZFNGkUCO6sDXFqxXFD6XZrsDQu8cmU420sZfFdVGKGZZTdoIyxmfeq