1 2 3
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
7/25/13 9:19 a.m.
Onetrillionrpm wrote: dodge caliber srt4 will be cheap soon enough Volvo c30 turbo T5 will be too

That C30 is mine, and while he said the mileage isn't set in stone, your not going to get anything close to 40mpg with a C30. If I drive like I have an egg between my foot and the gas and go real easy, I'm still lucky to get 28-29 on the freeway. My realistic average is 24mpg, but I do like boost. I'm guessing the SRT4 will be the same may, but man they are fast, which is good as if you go quick enough no one can see how ugly they are.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
7/25/13 11:04 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: I think your mileage numbers are a bit optimistic. What cars bigger than a Yaris or Sonic are getting 40mpg or better on the highway in the first place? Even the brand new Cruz Eco is only rated 38. And what's getting 30mpg in town that's not a hybrid?

the NASA-SE TT director claims his Cruz Eco 6sp gets him high 30's low 40's all day long and he claims he's actually hit low 50's a couple of times

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
7/25/13 11:10 a.m.
Vigo wrote: We never got that great of MPG out of our Integra, but as Poop says, with your low annual mileage, the financial difference is small.

I've gotten mid 30's for the entire life of my Integra ('01 LS)

and it'll be for sale this time next yr (<90k mi. .... I'm thinking in the $6k range)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6MOMEBm3Zn8hJNi8veZJdx77DzmfXhJpQYIbPDEgNbTBnMhO0V7xGeceC1k9Ad5b