clownkiller HalfDork
9/2/13 10:40 p.m.

Pink Unicorn!!!! 2003 type x jaguar 147k 5 speed awd

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/3994899742.html

Should that be a 3L???

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
9/2/13 11:05 p.m.
dj wrote: If he wants an AWD import getting over 20 mpg for under $3,500 in Atlanta why not any older subaru or DSM? That sounds more like what he wants rather the FWD imports or RWD E30s.

I've known several people with DSMs. Some of them had major issues like Crank Walk, a couple didn't have any problems. As a friend I am trying to keep him away from DSMs.

Subarus however, I don't have much experience with, so I didn't really point him that direction.

What he really wants is an Audi Quattro Coupe, but they are out of his price range.

He just wants something that will be fun to drive. He's open to anything, but he trusts me and I am going with what I know.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
9/2/13 11:06 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller:

You're kidding with the CUVs right?

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
9/2/13 11:20 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

AWD import, 20s mpg, no where did you say sports car......I did miss the fun to drive part....

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
9/2/13 11:31 p.m.
clownkiller wrote: In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid: AWD import, 20s mpg, no where did you say sports car......I did miss the fun to drive part....

I did say coupe or hatch too.

Strathclyde
Strathclyde New Reader
9/3/13 1:39 a.m.

In reply to clownkiller:

Neiner! The Volvo XC isn't any fun, will drain his pockets with costly repairs, they're ALL powerglides, the AWD system blows even when it's working as intended, they break expensively--and get around 21 mpg.

We like ours much better since we got rid of the rear driveshaft, but the tranny's still about to eat itself.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
9/3/13 2:49 a.m.

Rwd Isuzu Impulse for the win.

beans
beans HalfDork
9/3/13 7:35 a.m.

Honda Accord or Acura Integra. For any commute longer than 10 miles, the Accord is a MUCH nicer place to be than the Integra. I've had both. Accord isn't as easy to find parts for in the aftermarket, but Honda sold MILLIONS of them and parts at the junkyard are cheap and plentiful. The Integra is a little more sprightly, maybe a teensy bit better on mileage, and has more aftermarket, but it's noisier, and more expensive insurance wise. If he goes Accord, tell him to get a Sedan. If Integra, coupe. My current Accord is a coupe and they're getting rare as hens teeth to find in decent shape.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0z9koI4Ws97YGy5bVWNGKitZRLUii7cMcwiAXyUeFFUnw1WvBKKmW4D6VTqkv0Vl