1 2
tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
1/14/14 7:09 a.m.

I picked up a cheap 2001 Taurus for the wife to drive for the winter. It needed some work, but the parts have been ridiculous cheap. These things are everywhere, and almost all of them are the same silvery gold color. I can't help but think they must be durable for there to be so many of them still out there. Biggest issue so far has been trying to find it in a big parking lot. All the cars look the same. I have always heard stories of drunks loosing their cars in the city, and never could believe them. Now I know the stories were true, they were just all driving a silver Ford Taurus.

85Canuck
85Canuck New Reader
1/15/14 7:15 p.m.

I'm leaning towards Saturn. There's a couple of SC2's that I'm trying to line up for a looksee nearby. They're all in the 140,000-160,000km range. Though, they're not in the $500-$1000 range. More like $1700-$2000 range. But you have to account for stupidly inflated Canadian car prices and a weak Canuck buck.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
1/15/14 7:57 p.m.
I picked up a cheap 2001 Taurus for the wife to drive for the winter. It needed some work, but the parts have been ridiculous cheap. These things are everywhere, and almost all of them are the same silvery gold color. I can't help but think they must be durable for there to be so many of them still out there.

Taurus has a relatively high chance of leaving you broke down with a car that cost more than it's worth to fix because of its stripped converter splines / stripped pump shaft splines / snapped pump shaft issues. I have an 04 Sable sitting in my driveway that i just did some work on for a friend. She is about to get rid of it (partially on my advice) to remove the chance of getting stuck with a transmission bill on a car she's tired of.

She's going to get a manual next time!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3zkWGBYnttneYnXYLBIK8MetiyNOIVRmsEI68cn62RWJuIxTz2CeIqKi7G2tD6O2