1 2
PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/24 6:09 p.m.

I wonder if a 1series could be done as a retro 2002?

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
10/19/24 7:21 p.m.

Cadillac CT 4 and 5.

Front half looks great, but from the back doors rearward it looks like the design team just phoned it in. It needs a trunklid, damn it.

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/19/24 9:19 p.m.

Current 8th Gen Corvette. I really can't understand why Alfa or Bertone has not rebodied that yet. 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/19/24 10:11 p.m.

Looks like Lamborgini is trying to create their own C8.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/19/24 10:18 p.m.
GTwannaB said:

Current 8th Gen Corvette. I really can't understand why Alfa or Bertone has not rebodied that yet. 

Funny, I know two guys who have the cheese to buy a Corvette and chop it up. One guy...... just no, and I'll leave it at that. The other has actually produced a few cool one-offs. He's done some nice work on it, but is old right now and working by himself, so it's a grind. We've had a few conversations on the subject, and agreed that the two features that we like the least are the shape of the big scoops in the rear quarter panel, and placing so much switchgear on the transmission tunnel where it's so far out of your ordinary field of vision. I also find the rear end terribly cluttered.

What got me thinking on this subject was a car that I saw a while ago that had spun and hit the guardrail on all four corners. It was a cosmetic write-off, but the inside and mechanicals were perfect. So I thought: "Instead of buying a bunch of replacement panels and such, why not peel off the whole skin, build a wire frame and have some fun with it? Sadly, I have 3, possibly 4 projects ahead of it, but it's fun considering anyway.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
26asc1D9AFshNR4J1IEiMjOrAD1BRNrsCKW1qvMDnlCJToB0re9S9AMq3GR5toh6