1 2
preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/28/23 9:36 a.m.

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is about it for me this year.

Sell some cars and get at the Opel.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
12/28/23 9:55 a.m.

Went to one SCCA time trial at PittRace last year, and want to expand to do at least three of them in 2024.  Looking like PittRace, Pocono and either Gingerman or NCM.  

My want to but don't need to list would also include Hot Tod Drag Week or checking out Hot Rod Power Tour.  Those would require a bit of a change in the stable though.  Not that I'm against it. 

Claff
Claff HalfDork
12/28/23 9:35 p.m.

I'm going to back off the usual three-Pros and the Finale plan because I'm not thrilled with where some east-ish Pro Solos are happening. I committed to NJ and Cleveland. I don't like Bristol as a Pro Solo site so I'll skip that. If I can get into the Finale with two, great. If not, it's not the end of the world.

Looking at Finger Lakes Tour and maybe Charlotte, but Charlotte being the week before NJ Pro has me hesitating.

Solo Nationals

Local SCCA autocross, since I have to be there (responsible for bringing equipment to the site)

Track Nights at Dominion, as many as I can. Plus one at Lime Rock and one at VIR, schedules willing.

Time Trials Nationals

I always want to do at least one new-to-me track each year, and I haven't figured out what track that'll be this year. I'd like to do Watkins Glen or Mid-Ohio but I could easily cheap out and just do Pocono or one of the Summit Points, which I should do at least once one of these days.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
12/29/23 10:41 a.m.

I'm planning on going to the MotoGP at COTA in April and catching the Hand Built Custom Motorcycle show while I'm there.

<fingers crossed>

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
12/29/23 10:45 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

I wish the autocross clubs I run with had their schedules out, but not yet...  (I need to get them on the calendar BEFORE my wife plans things, She is already booking things for May)

Update: if they happen this year I'm going to run the F500 at summit point with Pennsylvania hillclimb association.    

Now, to update the safety gear...

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
12/29/23 11:02 a.m.

Rolex 24 in Janurary

Lonestar Roundup in April

GT World Challenge @ COTA in May

WEC @ COTA in August

SVRA @ COTA in November

...so far

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/29/23 12:46 p.m.

Planning to sell almost all my stuff, including the cars, and moving overseas. 

That'll be an event!

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
12/29/23 1:03 p.m.

Work. 

LOL

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/9/24 6:29 a.m.

$2000 challenge

Founders day in akron

Carbon leaf show

Cast iron filter show

Hopefully a full season of autocross 

Work. A E36 M3 load of work. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/24 6:36 a.m.

Colonial Williamsburg VA in 2 weeks

Challenge is pencilled in but no car, just Mofo, maybe Mrs Mofo

Collingwood, ON, Canada week after 4th of July

I think that's it. 

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve HalfDork
2/9/24 7:15 a.m.

I'm really hoping to spectate the Dragon hillclimb this year. My Miata was owned by the Theodores and has raced the course before, but I just want to watch for the first time. My family has access to a lake house out there so I'm hoping we can make a nice little weekend out of it. Aside from that, I want to try to hit at least a couple of Track Nights at Charlotte or CMP this year.

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 Reader
2/9/24 7:40 a.m.

In reply to Claff :

And mid atlantic car fest.  You know you wanna do mid atlantic car fest.

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
2/9/24 12:36 p.m.

Hopefully just a couple autocrosses at Devens and I really, really want to FINALLY go to Lime Rock. I'm hoping this is the year but finances are eating my ass. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/9/24 1:35 p.m.

BMC's Shamrock Showdown V road rally, memorializing long time BMC rallyist Dave Teeter:

• 09 March in Newark, DE

BMC autocrosses I-IV, and possibly V, at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD:

• April 21 - AX I
  • June 1 - AX II
  • July 13 - AX III
  • August 10 - AX IV
  • October 12 - Rain date / AX V

Canoe a few posts back

theruleslawyer
theruleslawyer New Reader
2/9/24 2:15 p.m.

Autobahn cc probably 4 times.

blackhawk farms 2x

thinking about gingerman with nasa

id really like to get down to OIR if i can make it work this year.  Autocross will be filler if I don't have a track event. The club i ran with most last year isn't even starting until june. So ill be lucky if i make half the way they bunched up. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
2/9/24 2:43 p.m.

A full season of AX locally (CKR) and as near to a full season of KYR AX (Bowling Green) to win double class championships again.

One or two AX national tours.

Solo Nats.

Considering the Pine Mountain hill climb.

King Of The Heap tomorrow.

Time Trials (a friend has offered up a co-drive in his car but the weekend cost starts to get high).

And just for good measure (not car related), we're hiking the Grand Canyon rim to rim in October.

I'm exhausted just thinking about this year.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/9/24 2:48 p.m.

Carlisle Import show, May 10-12

America's British Reliability Run, late Sept or early Oct (I'm on the planning committee and we're still working on details...)

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
2/9/24 3:52 p.m.

Oh geez.  For pleasure, probably 4-6 Lemons races and a handful of HPDE.  Including work I'll spend about 30-35 weeks on the road with motorsports between late Feb and mid December, as well as 3-5 days per month at Porsche. 

Marko159
Marko159 New Reader
2/11/24 4:07 p.m.

Indy SCCA has a legit TT series. 
Road America, NCM, Putnam Park, Gingerman, Mid Ohio. 11  days total! If the car holds together.

https://www.indytrackdays.com/

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CuU3K2p5D2KoaItw86FjNAK7vdYdBGkSS2VDjPNpRmEoR1r3UZ1p9ljIKfHoAK1O