1 2
CyberEric
CyberEric Reader
5/2/18 10:39 a.m.

Are RF NDs that price? I'd be looking to find an RF, or maybe a NC with the PRHT and bilstein/LSD package if I had 25K to spend. 

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
5/3/18 12:50 p.m.
smokindav said:

In reply to xflowgolf :

The 2015+ Mustang GT is awesome! If this guy, or anyone else) wants to spend a little less they can go with a '11-'14 Mustang GT with the 5.0L Coyote. I have a '14 Mustang GT that I used for daily driving and track days - it was awesome! These should run about $15-20,000. The Mustang Boss 302's can be had in the mid-$25,000 range.

I'm continuously drawn to these ('15+ GT's), so this thread is somewhat relevant to my interests.  I still drive crazy highway miles and I just can't bring myself to enjoy the mileage they get with the wallet hit at the pump, yet on the other hand I know eventually I want to scratch that itch and drive a bigger power RWD car again.  Life is short... blah blah blah.  

Groats
Groats New Reader
5/3/18 8:50 p.m.

20-24k gets you a 2006 to 2008 manual Cayman S.  Budget 3k to 4k for a 4 year aftermarket warranty so you can sleep without worrying about IMS.  One warranty company was going to charge by month so you don't have to pay the 4k all at once.  After 4 years you'll probably want something else anyway.  You'll have to throw some more money at it if you want to track it because of oiling issues though.  Boxster S's might be even cheaper if you want a convertible.

The Cayman S I drove made me forget all about the C7 I tried, for what it's worth.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/4/18 10:04 a.m.

I paid $23k for '13 135i w 26k miles, back in January. White over Coral red, DCT, MSport, Harmon Kardon stereo. 300hp/300torques from 1300-5300 RPMs. Add the extra gear and quick shifting of the DCT and it will sh!t and get!

It's a 4.5 0-60 car, looks good, great steering feel. Suspension is a bit underdamped, but that makes it much more enjoyable around town on crummy roads. It's quiet and eats miles with aplomb.

Things to look out, electric water pump, Oil filter housing gasket, which if leaking kills the timing belt tenionser. If that fails, it's likely the belt ends up sucking in past the front main seal and hopefully stays out of the rod/main bearings. 

The N55 in the 11-13 cars is MUCH more reliable than the N54 than in the earlier cars (but less power potential on the stock turbo, then the N54 twins). THe N55 is still is a flash and downpipe away from an extra 60-70whp 80-90wtq.

From what I've read and the process to get them, I'll just count on replacing the coils when I replace the spark plugs or vice-versa. 

This is probably the favorite of all cars I've owned, including an S52 E30, 318is E30, BRZ, '13 Mustang GT Track pack, 90 Miata track rat, 06 Miata, etc. I've already got a set of APEX wheels in the garage that I'm trying to decide if I want to use. 

loumash
loumash New Reader
5/4/18 12:22 p.m.

I have been having this conversation with myself alost daily.  Manual was one of my requirements.  

2015-17 370Z Sport

ND Miata Club

Fiesta ST

2015+ Challenger RT Scat Pack

Audi S4

This week, I'm on a 370z kick.  

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
5/4/18 2:38 p.m.
Groats said:

20-24k gets you a 2006 to 2008 manual Cayman S.  Budget 3k to 4k for a 4 year aftermarket warranty so you can sleep without worrying about IMS.  One warranty company was going to charge by month so you don't have to pay the 4k all at once.  After 4 years you'll probably want something else anyway.  You'll have to throw some more money at it if you want to track it because of oiling issues though.  Boxster S's might be even cheaper if you want a convertible.

The Cayman S I drove made me forget all about the C7 I tried, for what it's worth.

THIS minus the warranty. Unnecessary.

Snrub
Snrub Reader
5/4/18 4:09 p.m.
xflowgolf said:

The 1le may technically turn faster lap times, but I'm more of a fan of the aesthetics of the new Mustang GT's as a daily driver.  

You're right, a '16+ Camaro V6 1LE can turn faster laps than a '15+ Mustang GT. cheeky

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hRJdSYoU1T5e8thjrtjzTH5NNKe0qBrj1767pVQEwyvFtgqViO7ZrV1pLTqKwycu