1 2 3
AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
10/26/22 9:25 a.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

The $2500 value limit is based on what you pay for the car alone, converted from JPY to USD, no fees or anything since all customs is concerned with is the value of the car. The export company puts the value of your winning bid on the paperwork, and that's what customs looks at.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
10/26/22 10:56 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

I want a JDM Mini, but not a chance in hell of finding one for $2500.  There was a time when $10K wasn't an unreasonable budget for a decent Mini in the US.  About double that these days. 

Other than a Mini... I'm not really sure.  Probably a Falcon XB from down under.  But those are way over the budget as well. 

This? Probably needs some work 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/26/22 11:21 a.m.

It doesn't meet the 2500 limit but I have an e30 wagon sitting in customs a few miles from my house that I'm waiting for it to be released.

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
10/26/22 1:35 p.m.

In reply to AMiataCalledSteve :

So, if you could work it out on the Japan end, they could put "anything" in the value box, not the actual sale price?

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
10/26/22 1:47 p.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

If you ask nicely enough :) Obviously, if you have a minty GTR that you claim was only $2500 customs might have some questions.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/22 7:06 p.m.
iansane said:

It doesn't meet the 2500 limit but I have an e30 wagon sitting in customs a few miles from my house that I'm waiting for it to be released.

We, and by we I mean I, need to know more, preferably with photos.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
10/26/22 8:04 p.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Wow, don't know what that is but it seems all wrong..........as in I wouldn't want to stop to fast in it.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
10/27/22 10:24 a.m.

It appears that the Mitsubishi FTO generally goes for pretty cheap, but they don't pop up super often.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/27/22 10:44 a.m.
Aaron_King said:
68TR250 said:

https://www.hotcars.com/dolomite-sprint-first-mass-produced-multi-valve-car-best-features/

This

Triumph Dolomite Sprint

Similar but I'd go Triumph 2500 estate.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v19EFStSpZ1YAvhQ3I0R4Hlwd9pXQeCsP6020sN88hhBNLSnSZyHeXw2Ll4XrlE2