1 2
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
10/20/11 6:32 a.m.
toad9977 wrote: Its one of the salespersons cars and his shop did the "inspection" on it and everything is in "good order." I asked if it would be possible to see service records for it since he said he had it serviced by a Mazda dealer for the past 10 years and he said that they never gave him records so he couldn't show me. He also wouldn't let me take it to a 3rd party shop to have a compression test done.

That is complete and utter bullE36 M3. Avoid like the plague. He is 100% trying to dump a turd if he's taking that position.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
10/20/11 8:45 a.m.

Prices on these cars have been at rock bottom over the last couple years. Follow the classifieds on rx7club (have to be a member) for a while and you will see some great deals transpire.

BigD
BigD Reader
10/20/11 12:41 p.m.
toad9977 wrote: he had it serviced by a Mazda dealer for the past 10 years

If this is true, go to the dealer's service department and ask to get the service records. I don't know about Mazda but I get my gunner serviced at Toyota because I couldn't be bothered to get dirty for 20 bucks for an oil change. I used to tell him to stamp my book but he showed me that all of their records are now in the computer, there's no need to stamp the book anymore - a click of the mouse will get you a detailed record of everything that's been done to my truck since new. There's no way Mazda is any different.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/20/11 1:39 p.m.

If he had it serviced where he worked there is a good chance that there are no records. I worked at a dealership and the techs were usually more than happy to work on employee cars when it was slow and be payed in cash, no work order.

cwaters
cwaters New Reader
10/20/11 2:09 p.m.

Simply walk away.
The dealer didn' t give him any records of the service they did? You ever been to a dealer that didn't print you receipt? Dude is either full of crap or he's an idiot. Either way, unless you have very deep pockets and are ready for some expensive rehab work, [waves hand] this isn't the ride you're looking for.

talljosh85
talljosh85 New Reader
10/20/11 5:25 p.m.

Like the guys above have said, walk away. There are plenty of FDs for sale, and this guy sounds shady. If he isn't full and upfront about all of the maintenance, its not the car to buy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TxBJUjxBUlXkR4IVEUaKzPdWWG2Cy8NZYAUq70qZJw7dld2MA0Hx4BmyGVaI2PEf