1 2 3
DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
5/28/09 5:56 p.m.

black wheels and a hockey helmet

rmarkc
rmarkc New Reader
5/28/09 6:49 p.m.

Why does this thread remind me of Roger Daltry telling Jeremy Clarkson about Keith Moon's brush painted Rolls?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/28/09 6:55 p.m.

umm...

yeah...

I got no shame.. I'd drive it.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
5/28/09 7:25 p.m.

Strip the paint off with a $6 can of paint stripper, and paint it with rattle-can flat black paint and drive until I can't keep my eyes open. Then sleep in the car and wake up and keep driving.

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
5/28/09 8:36 p.m.

Skulls. Every thing is tougher with skulls. Even a pink Elise.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
5/28/09 9:04 p.m.

I would totally rock a pink Elise. I'm not sure I could do a pink Miata (well, I would on the track but not on the street).

Those wheels suck. Something simpler in a garish color like Purple or Green would be cool. Then racing stripes to match. A brightly colored mohawk would top things off perfectly.

Luke
Luke Dork
5/28/09 10:24 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Skulls. Every thing is tougher with skulls. Even a pink Elise.

Hell yeah. I'm thinking glowing-eye skull shifter, preferably in carbon fibre, and lose the bling-tastic wheels for something more in-keeping with Chapman's 'lightness' philosophy.

Seriously, though, a pink Lotus wouldn't phase me at all.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
5/28/09 11:06 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: and drive until I can't keep my eyes open. Then sleep in the car and wake up and keep driving.

wow.

that sounds like heaven.

Dan G
Dan G Dork
5/28/09 11:35 p.m.

A buddy of mine passed on a $10k "dark grey market" elise. It had a bit of damage, and was imported before they were sold here, originally with a rover engine installed at the factory but was missing. The hitch was the car could not be street registered at all, no title. I guess you could probably do something funky and call it a kit car (probably not here in The Peoples' Republic of California).

Still for $10k, you could pick any number of sweet powerplant options and still be in it for less than a new Hyundai.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
5/29/09 12:44 a.m.

I'd rock it with some chrome vinyl stickers.

nderwater
nderwater New Reader
5/29/09 9:36 a.m.

that car is begging for a big hello kitty decal on the nose... and i'd still drive it.

curtis
curtis New Reader
5/29/09 9:38 a.m.

just drive it with a blowup doll in the passenger seat. I dont know what that will do but it might keep the attention off the color.

splitime
splitime New Reader
5/29/09 9:40 a.m.

I like the carhawk idea. Lime green carhawk would suit it nicely. Bit of a punk/pirate elise theme.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/09 9:48 a.m.

I'd buy it and drive it...I'd eventually repaint it though, I'd just disassemble / mask it, sand it, rattle can it black with clear coat and call it a day. Even as gloss / metallic black wears out it turns flat black / dark grey, which still looks better than the pink and more badass than the black

EricM
EricM HalfDork
5/29/09 10:45 a.m.

"Prices and terms with 2000.00 down payment"

That means that the car is actually $22K

Duke
Duke Dork
5/29/09 11:17 a.m.

You mean all I'd have to do is drive a pink car and trade for some decent wheels? Where do I sign up? I thought I'd have to compromise my moral standards a lot farther than that...

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
5/29/09 1:28 p.m.
Strip the paint off with a $6 can of paint stripper

Then clear coat it...or let it rust...in strategic, deliberate, patterny fashion.

(patent pending, patent pending, patent pending.)

Stargazer
Stargazer HalfDork
5/29/09 1:59 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Then clear coat it...or let it rust...in strategic, deliberate, patterny fashion. (patent pending, patent pending, patent pending.)

Uh, aren't they fiberglass?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/09 2:01 p.m.

DUH! spray the exterior with clear coat and toss on some brake rotor dust!

Stargazer
Stargazer HalfDork
5/29/09 2:03 p.m.

Aha, silly me, I wasn't thinking...

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
5/29/09 2:04 p.m.
Stargazer wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
Then clear coat it...or let it rust...in strategic, deliberate, patterny fashion. (patent pending, patent pending, patent pending.)
Uh, aren't they fiberglass?

yup, we used to have problems when they would ship a new clamshell from england to us, they would always be damaged in one way or another

BunnyCouture
BunnyCouture
6/30/09 2:45 a.m.

I got one! It was new with custom paint, so a bit more than $20K, but well worth it!!

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 HalfDork
6/30/09 8:45 a.m.

i want this one...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
6/30/09 9:19 a.m.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/30/09 9:25 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/1408/

1 2 3