1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/22/23 2:28 p.m.

A little Gran Turismo history for you: BITD, you could unlock the DC Sports World Challenge Acura Integra. Unlike many of the race cars in the game, this one was from the States.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
6/22/23 3:35 p.m.

Hmmm...  my GT2 game saves appear to be good, but my GT2 disc seems to be kaput.

kanaric
kanaric SuperDork
6/22/23 4:56 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Older Gran Turismo had all kinds of one off and unique stuff like this. 

One of the great things about it along side that is having normal versions of cars and like regular commuter cars. Like non-GTR Skylines for example and Cressidas. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/22/23 5:33 p.m.
kanaric said:

Racing games like these now suck in their campaign mode. They just give you powerful and weird cars right off the bat so i'm not buying anything anymore. Kind of made them uninteresting to me. GT4 had the best singleplayer campaign mode, nothing really has equalled it. 

Agreed.  I actually liked GT3's gameplay better, but GT4 had a bigger car and track selection.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/22/23 7:38 p.m.

One thing I use to play with in GT 1 or 2 (one of the early ones) was to see if I could run the same car (initial purchase) through all the series, or as many as I could.

As I remember one of the cars that could do it was a 4th gen Camaro.  Mostly because the V8 could get to the high HP needed for the later series.

In general, I of course will do my best to get to any rear engined cars as early as possible.  If the game has classic cars, that is much easier and cheaper.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G8gQIEkpr3H9lCXYAcbwTX2vBtxaN4L7OQLcxy69R7EwUsaV3k1vl5X06sMgpqZS