miatame2
miatame2 New Reader
12/23/08 11:30 a.m.

I would have thought this would be easy...but after a bunch of google searching I can't find a place that sells used Hoosiers or similar.

I'm looking for a 15" "A" compound Hoosier at decent prices. I figured there would be a lot of deep pocketed people selling used tires but maybe not. I'd like something in the 225/45/15 size or similar.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/23/08 11:34 a.m.

Local club websites. Showing up at events and walking the grid. Maybe Craigslist.

Try posting a "wants to buy" instead of looking for a "for sale". You'd be surprised at how quickly you can get responses on nice stuff. I got my Torsen that way.

jjreyn
jjreyn New Reader
12/23/08 1:01 p.m.

http://stores.ebay.com/Race-Tires-USDRRT

I bought a set from him recently and they are what he advertises them to be. I'm only using them for set up but no reason they could not be used on a track.

Mine are 13 x 9 though.

joe

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
12/23/08 1:25 p.m.

That's Lee Graser, a challenge competitor. You can also buy them from JB Race Tire, RC Enterprises and few others...see the classifieds of the latest GRM for their phone numbers.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
12/23/08 1:50 p.m.
Local club websites.

+1. In my experience, this is the cheapest, easiest way. And don't confuse "A" compound for "R" compound i.e. a Hoosier A3S05 is an R-compound tire. A Hoosier A40 or A30 is an "A" compound tire, used on quarter midgets (probably not available for any wheel over 6".)

Also, right before NATS (and coincidentally the challenge) is the best time to find used R comps, as guys are throwing on fresh tires. As the season has been over for a while now, most of the decent used tires have probably already been sold. Around NATS however, tires w/60-70% of tread left go for $25/EA all day here in Atlanta.

EricM
EricM Reader
12/23/08 1:50 p.m.

Vilvan tire in Royle Illinois.

viper_racer
viper_racer New Reader
10/3/10 9:57 a.m.

don't forget to check www.johnbtires.com for used racing and race tires

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
10/3/10 1:57 p.m.

Do they sell tires for canoes?

maddabe
maddabe New Reader
10/4/10 10:04 a.m.

Mid Ohio has millions of used race tires. They're laying all over the place.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tYHhai4lrq0FXioxZ2eTWgttPTt5wOjwQjE6oxcP8oA97s9D5gqtgaFa4bxo2Nuz