chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
1/14/24 1:49 p.m.

I don't know what's going on with the forum but I made a post and got an error message. I refresh the page and it showed a post by me but nothing in it. So I don't know what's going on but, my issue is I'm having a hard time jacking up my e91. Stock suspension and every time I put it on this bracket by the arm it slips off the bracket and the car lands on the arm on the jack stand. I don't see any where to put the jack stands on the side frame. So I don't know where to put my jack stands. And also the form is not letting me upload a picture.

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
1/14/24 1:50 p.m.

It finally let me upload a picture... It slips off this bracket and lands on the arm. 

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
1/14/24 1:52 p.m.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/14/24 1:56 p.m.

Dont use that!! Best case you bend the suspension arms, worst case you get flattened by the car.  Use the jackpoints on the side and lift it from the differential and front jack point. I will try to get picks in a second

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/14/24 2:00 p.m.

Crappy pics, but all I have atm.  There are spots in back and front  

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
1/14/24 2:13 p.m.

I like that but how do you get the jack stands under the front jack points when I need those to jack up the car?

I looked a little higher and went with the frame bolts...

Dneikirk
Dneikirk New Reader
1/14/24 2:14 p.m.

Use the jack pockets under the doors. Turn the jack stand perpendicular to the pocket. You don't need to use the adaptors BMW wants, but without them you will tear up the plastic a bit. 

there is a central front jack point a bit in front of the oil pan. Rear, use the differential. 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/14/24 2:21 p.m.

If you have trouble getting your jack under the front or back of the car to hit the points Dneikirk and Slippery mentioned drive the car up onto some wood boards to gain clearance first. 

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
1/14/24 2:22 p.m.

I guess I'll have to reorganize all the crap my wife likes to put in the garage then... 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
1/14/24 4:09 p.m.

Small block of pine 2x4, it'll sink into the jack pad "prongs",  and place it under the flat subframe. 

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
1/14/24 4:27 p.m.

Lots of good ideas guys, thanks!

Front brakes done, hopefully this'll fix my vibration under braking... 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Voj2KpKefuBbv6USuvsIkFGILlrTfYztumiKbp3CnxQoZYPl1XQvQ9FKRJiYoDX