1 2 3 4
turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/25/14 1:28 p.m.
trigun7469 wrote: Subie, at least you have the WRX & STI aftermarket products to fix the factory oversites and make it reliable and functional

FTFY

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/25/14 2:26 p.m.
trigun7469 wrote: Subie, because somehow WRX/STi bits will make an non-turbo Outback faster than a turbo Volvo, and it's not like iPd has been making Volvos go fast for decades or anything

FTFY once again...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/14 2:55 p.m.

I gotta vote for the Volvo too

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 HalfDork
3/25/14 2:56 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

Stop telling people about fast Volvos I want them to remain a secret.

• Lee
JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer New Reader
3/25/14 3:07 p.m.

Volvo because...well just because.

bradyzq
bradyzq Dork
3/25/14 3:50 p.m.

1995 Audi S6 Avant: http://www.audifans.com/marketplace/show.php?table=pm_audifans_Cars&id=7263

1991 Audi 200 20valve Avant http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=869

They're fun to drive AWD turbo manual transmission tanks that sound awesome.

Yes, I have one (200 20V Avant).

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/25/14 4:22 p.m.

Volvo because all the fast rally drivers that went on win championships driving Subarus grew up learning how to drive in Scandinavian winters in a rwd Volvo.

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
3/25/14 7:09 p.m.

I like Volvos. The problem with 2001s is the slush box failure rate so that is avoided. That thing will go like stink with a few simple steps while the subie never will. I saw the correct for my car (1995 t5r) oem leather Volvo seat covers on Ebay for 75 bucks. In my 95 They slide right off if you snip a few wire clips. You can use zip ties in the other direction.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/25/14 9:22 p.m.

No question for me, Volvo.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
3/25/14 10:35 p.m.
Shaun wrote: I like Volvos. The problem with 2001s is the slush box failure rate so that is avoided. That thing will go like stink with a few simple steps while the subie never will. I saw the correct for my car (1995 t5r) oem leather Volvo seat covers on Ebay for 75 bucks. In my 95 They slide right off if you snip a few wire clips. You can use zip ties in the other direction.

+1 for Volvo. Best Wagons. Ever.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner New Reader
3/26/14 12:07 a.m.

The Subaru, because you could never get one that new, with that low of miles and a 5spd out here for that price.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
3/26/14 1:58 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: $4500 should buy a nice LT1 Caprice or Roadmaster wagon. Someone had to say it.

Beat me to it.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
3/26/14 6:19 a.m.

Of the two, I also would go Volvo. I've driven a similar Subi, and it did less than nothing for me.

The seat look lousy in the pictures, I'm skeptical of it being a real T5, would be concerned about how hard it's been beaten if it really is a T5, electronic throttle body problems with that year/model as I recall.

Inspected is a big convenience plus when dealing with Maryland.

ccrelan
ccrelan Reader
3/26/14 6:53 a.m.

Here is a awfully nice w124 wagon:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-wanted-trade-giveaway/1939538-fs-1995-e320-wagon.html

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
3/26/14 7:29 a.m.

Audis scare the living crap out of me. Swedish > German, in my experience.

What is a "real" T5? do you think it's possible someone converted this somehow? Perhaps it used to be an automatic car? I want no part of someone else's science experiment, I have enough of those of my own.

Tried talking wifey into a manny tranny Escape but she wants no part of that. She loves my 122 wagons, and I guess she views the V70 as a somewhat spiritual successor to them, so they're OK. Unfortunately, I cannot arouse any love on her part for a Roadmaster/ Caprice wagon, though I would totally rock one. (Just not in white, which about 50% of them seem to be)

Craigloveswagons
Craigloveswagons New Reader
3/26/14 8:08 a.m.

It's an auto T5, BUT it has a "turbo booster"

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4384176934.html

SlickDizzy
3/26/14 8:09 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse:

I'm not sure why the "realness" would be an issue, myself. They did make manual T5 wagons, just not that many, and that looks to have all of the correct OE parts for a T5 wagon. S60/V70 T5 = high pressure turbo FWD, more desirable than the 2.5T light pressure turbo or 2.4i naturally aspirated. I personally think they are better than the R, since the fancy AWD and Four-C suspension are finicky. The R's are the ones that are typically replicated and/or beat to piss. It would take a real weirdo to go through the trouble of making a T5 knockoff.

SlickDizzy
3/26/14 8:11 a.m.

In reply to Craigloveswagons:

That is actually a light pressure turbo model, not a T5.

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 Reader
3/26/14 8:14 a.m.

I would go Subaru. Reliable, and that body style of the Legacy/Outback is one of the best looking. I would love an 05 Legacy GT wagon.

But I think I have to leave this here. http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/ctd/4363174207.html

Craigloveswagons
Craigloveswagons New Reader
3/26/14 8:17 a.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

Wow, I stopped comprehending once I got to "booster"

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
3/26/14 8:18 a.m.

In reply to camaroz1985:

Woof. There's got to be 1/2 an acre of gray plastic in that interior.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/26/14 8:28 a.m.

One more vote for the Volvo. Nothing against the Subie, but if it was my money and condition and price being equal the Volvo wins it.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/14 11:07 a.m.

I can throw a spanner in this and suggest that E39 tourings are well within this range

mfennell
mfennell Reader
3/26/14 11:12 a.m.

Have you contacted the Volvo seller? If it's not a complete POS, I'd expect it to be long gone after 19 days.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
3/26/14 11:44 a.m.

In reply to mfennell:

No, I haven't. A stick wagon attracts a pretty small audience, and he's about 500 over the "clean trade" NADA value, which is usually what I use as a starting point for a newer vehicle's value. And like someone mentioned, the coal miner's seat.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YHOHLoML5avxRDjD9LVhU14h4csNtdVQZfKRTx9Sb2Yq4TNCHufP3AcSu1KDsY6W