1 2 3 4 5 6
HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
1/12/23 10:25 a.m.
calteg said:

I'm kind of surprised at how plain the "core" looks. The hood vents on the higher trims really add a lot of edge 

Agreed. However, if you're someone that more into the sleeper car look, then it's about right. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/12/23 10:27 a.m.
calteg said:

I'm kind of surprised at how plain the "core" looks. The hood vents on the higher trims really add a lot of edge 

Agree, Circuit is the one to have. 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
1/12/23 11:15 a.m.

59k?! What's the point of this car if it sells for that much?! 

I was excited about these because of the value.

At that price point, it just makes no sense to me. There are other cars that perform better/similar for the cost. Yes, maybe some are a few years old, but still.

I bet the CTR is going to be the same.

Re the Hyundais. I'm hearing other places that the N is really good as well. Im happy to hear the Elantra N is both the similar or better driver and still doesn't experience the markups.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
1/12/23 11:21 a.m.

I shouldn't but I put my name on the list at a dealer, may put it on another 1 or two just to hedge the bets. if its only 500 per year, there has got to be more than a thousand toyota dealerships in the USA. 

I really like the bland core to be honest, I want it to blend in as much as possible and I just really want the limited slip diffs and heated seats/steering wheel. 

This is the car that I wanted the focus RS to be. 

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
1/12/23 11:23 a.m.
Jerry said:

My rally friend in IN works at a dealership, he shared a black Core model with some packages (cold, performance, etc) stickered at $39.8k

Everyone (including me) were curious what the upcharge was. A day later he commented the dealership was selling it at sticker price. (I messaged that evening but he said it was spoken for.)

I am also seeing this trend... 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/12/23 12:37 p.m.
CyberEric said:

CA people are paying 65-75K for CTR, with few of them going for 80K, that have been on Insta minutes from when they come out. Most of these guys are all doing "builds" and probably gonna have a 100K CTR soon (not the value of the car, what they have into it)

CTR and GR flippers on Bat and C&B will be all over the place. Same as Rivian, Braptors, Lightnings....

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
1/12/23 3:18 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
CyberEric said:

CA people are paying 65-75K for CTR, with few of them going for 80K, that have been on Insta minutes from when they come out. Most of these guys are all doing "builds" and probably gonna have a 100K CTR soon (not the value of the car, what they have into it)

CTR and GR flippers on Bat and C&B will be all over the place. Same as Rivian, Braptors, Lightnings....

Flippers are terrible and go hand in hand with the crappy dealers. I can't tell you how many times, when trying to purchase a Raptor, that dealers would be like "well if we gave you a deal, you'll just flip it and make more money than us!" 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
1/12/23 3:28 p.m.

I asked about one several months ago.  Dealer responded they had one, but was going to be $12k upcharge.  A few minutes later after a return email about that, they came back with $7k.  *Both of these with $2k of processing and whatever else dealer fees*

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/12/23 3:28 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Funny thing is there is a particular Ford dealer on the west coast.  He buys 95% of all the BaT Lightning/Raptor/Braptors. He pays way over MSRP on the site, then pays his 5% buyer's fee, the vehicles are listed on his Ford dealer, for $10K for what he paid on BaT. 

The consumer still buys all those cars from him.  The owner of the dealership is not only charging HUGE markups from the allocation he gets, he is basically taking all other ones for sale and reselling them. 

Great business model while he can do it - capitalism at its best I guess. 

Would love a new Raptor R - can't afford it though - due to the flippers/dealers.   Then again I don't have a Korean partner to help me cheeky

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
1/12/23 4:00 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Funny thing is there is a particular Ford dealer on the west coast.  He buys 95% of all the BaT Lightning/Raptor/Braptors. He pays way over MSRP on the site, then pays his 5% buyer's fee, the vehicles are listed on his Ford dealer, for $10K for what he paid on BaT. 

The consumer still buys all those cars from him.  The owner of the dealership is not only charging HUGE markups from the allocation he gets, he is basically taking all other ones for sale and reselling them. 

Great business model while he can do it - capitalism at its best I guess. 

Would love a new Raptor R - can't afford it though - due to the flippers/dealers.   Then again I don't have a Korean partner to help me cheeky

I remember hearing about that guy when I was out in LA. While annoying, there are always other options out there. 

A Raptor R would be awesome. The regular one is fast enough. 

Back on topic, we are in another golden age of hot hatches and I love it. It just sucks they are damn near unobtanium. Golf R/GTI, CTR/Integra, GRC, Kona N, Mazda 3 Turbo, and not so hatch but still so hot Elantra N & Civic Si. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/12/23 4:21 p.m.

Current auto industry https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/12/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/13/23 4:38 p.m.

Not as bad as I thought.......

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/13/23 5:29 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Yeah only 10K over for a base model ;)

Sold to a dealer. It will be on the resale market in a matter of hours for $55k +

SF Toyota has the one pending at $51K

Be interesting to see how much over sticker the new CTR will go tahts on cars and bids. Be a nice comparison on the CTR vs GR actual trading prices. 

Toebra
Toebra Dork
1/20/23 2:23 p.m.

Went to the Toyota website.  GR86 is looking better than the GRolla to me.  10 grand less for one of the better sports coupes out there

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/20/23 2:30 p.m.

I find it interesting this petered out where it did - reserve not met? 

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/20/23 2:41 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Based on the jalopnik story. Guy paid around 20k over msrp

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/20/23 2:46 p.m.

One of things to note (as I follow the GR corolla forum pretty closely), is that when they post a sticker of the window saying +20K MSRP, that isn't what is paid. That is what was asked by the dealer. 

The purchae contract on that corolla vs what was shown on C&B for likely marketing and hype purposes, are quite different...

Similar story on the CTR.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/20/23 3:01 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

When the new Acura Integra stick shift came out last fall I stopped and the dealer had a 10k sticker up charge - I told him how wild that was.  

He said he'd sell it at MSRP that day only.  Those stickers are just another sales tool.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/20/23 3:02 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

When the new Acura Integra stick shift came out last fall I stopped and the dealer had a 10k sticker up charge - I told him how wild that was.  

He said he'd sell it at MSRP that day only.  Those stickers are just another sales tool.

You nailed it. My neighbor just paid $75K over for a G63. Sticker says  ADM $200K over. He is flipping it on BaT, with a 400K reserve.  He flipped 3 Rivians last 3 months.

From what I gather, he has gotten delaers to write higher ADM just as a flipper's new sales tool....

On the Integra note, I am definitely waiting on the CTR powered Integra (ITS). That might be a great garage add on next to the Evo.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
1/20/23 3:26 p.m.

Curious to see how much he gets for the G wagon. Prices have absolutely plummeted in the last 30 days, but the clientele that can actually afford one isn't concerned with an extra $100k here or there

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/20/23 3:26 p.m.

In reply to calteg :

My guess is he will make 80-90K profit. Its a very highly optioned one. 

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
1/20/23 4:57 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
Datsun310Guy said:

You nailed it. My neighbor just paid $75K over for a G63. Sticker says  ADM $200K over. He is flipping it on BaT, with a 400K reserve.  He flipped 3 Rivians last 3 months.

From what I gather, he has gotten delaers to write higher ADM just as a flipper's new sales tool....

On the Integra note, I am definitely waiting on the CTR powered Integra (ITS). That might be a great garage add on next to the Evo.

funny how far BaT has come where its become its own worst enemy I guess...

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/20/23 6:01 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101 :

At  $1.3B in sales, Hearst is laughing all the way to the bank...

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/20/23 10:57 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

In reply to fidelity101 :

At  $1.3B in sales, Hearst is laughing all the way to the bank...

And that's all it's about anymore. Another car enthusiast thing goes to heck for money.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/21/23 1:15 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

That is always what its  been about... 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H383kAQvMdMiaQRSx4dYgvTEFEEMksTfNZqHLAJ4gA6v1iUCcaMt2QS3wvCsGlMg